Back up camera for trailer?

/ Back up camera for trailer? #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
I just bought a 28 foot enclosed, and I would like to have a back up cam mounted on the rear of the trailer but not sure if I would need a wired or if a wireless would work. Anyone have any input of a decent cam or ones to avoid?

/ Back up camera for trailer? #2  
I bought a wireless, mag mount, battery powered camera, mainly for hooking up my trailer. I've only used it twice but it worked well. I can put it on the back of my van to hookup, or put it on the trailer for tight maneuvering.

A lot depends on if you:
Want to move the camera around.
Want a camera just for hooking up (which I did) or every day use in parking lots (needs weather proofing, permanent mount)
Can easily wire (I've a custom Van for 1 vehicle, wiring would be a pain)
Are a skinflint, like me.

I just plug the vid unit into the cig lighter, drop the vid unit on the doghouse, stick the camera on the back of the MaxiVan, back up, hook up, unmount the camera.

I don't think the mag mount would hold while driving down the road.

Since you want one for your trailer you might actually need two, one for either side.

/ Back up camera for trailer? #3  
I bought a wireless backup camera from Stylintrucks.com
I use it for backing up to my trailers for easy hookup. It would also work as you want on back of the trailer. It just needs a power source and will send the view to the display inside your truck.

/ Back up camera for trailer? #4  
Some of the wireless cameras don't have enough range to mount on the rear of a trailer. JC

/ Back up camera for trailer? #5  
I just bought a 28 foot enclosed, and I would like to have a back up cam mounted on the rear of the trailer but not sure if I would need a wired or if a wireless would work. Anyone have any input of a decent cam or ones to avoid?
Check out the wireless swift hitch back up camera,great camera but a little pricey.coobie