Back Up camera

/ Back Up camera #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Hi Troops!

Any of you install a back up camera in your tractor? How'd it work when snow blowing? Does the snow block the camera often?
After watching a YouTube vid (made by one of our members in Minnesota)?ooks to be a worthwhile investment
For those who have installed a back up camera and screen...any problems or comments (including recommendations)?

/ Back Up camera #2  
I have done that, going on 6-7 years ago.
I wrote it up here on TBN.
I mounted my camera up high under my roof overhang so it is always clear of snow.
I used magnets to attach both.
As wiring was very fine I taped to heavy gauged simply for strength.
Since I did not trust the 'touch switch'* in the display I installed an inline toggle.*
My 'offshore' camera merely set me back $50 (back then) or so and has never let me down.
The data claimed operating range down to 0 deg but I've no problems in the coldest Quebec winters.

Being up high as it is it shows a weird tracking but then that is all relative, In fact the track lines only act as a reference anyway and U get used to it.

*besides with big fingers + gloves the touch would have been nothing but frustration.

The only weird thing is that (with my yellow strobe on) the blowing snow is constantly flickering yellow!
and NO, the dog did not spray the fire hydrant.

You'll like it but more so will your neck.

OK, up close (to my car) I still turn around to be sure, but that's me.

A bonus was that 2 cameras could be installed, like front for your FEL?

Oh yeah, NEVER have I had to clean snow from the camera! not over all that time.
Plus, remember, you never blow snow back to the tractor, always away.
Heck even blowing, like over my shoulder, no problems.

/ Back Up camera #3  
I have had one for a few years;mixed reviews for me.My screen washes out in bright light,makes it hard to see,works better at night.
So called "wire-less" cameras only "transmit wirelessly",both screen and camera must be hard wired.

/ Back Up camera #4  
I have had one for a few years;mixed reviews for me.My screen washes out in bright light,makes it hard to see,works better at night.
So called "wire-less" cameras only "transmit wirelessly",both screen and camera must be hard wired.

On wireless, I concur as both ends need power so what's a few feet, especially on a tractor.
A car, well whole new ball game due to headliners, carpets etc. and then power from back up lights? or?

Now onto display, a cab sure helps but also U could fab a screen to shade the display (even cardboard).
Another option is to only blow snow at night, LOL.
OK, I jest but I sure like my 'back up' as does my neck (and back).

/ Back Up camera #5  
I tried one on my older tractor, but blowing snow made it useless. It was a wireless unit.

/ Back Up camera #6  
I use one but not for snow...have a pull blower. Mounted to the front.

Mine was $70 and works well. I mounted it with magnets. Handy when using the forks and tree puller. Makes alignment for SSQA easier too.