Backhoe Backhoe and safe operation of same

/ Backhoe and safe operation of same #21  
I think the robot dog you mention was actually named "Muffet" or maybe "Moffet". Battlestar Galactica was one of my favorite shows way back when.

/ Backhoe and safe operation of same
75% of statistics are made up? I don't know about that but I know that I totally fabricated the Battlestar Galactica robot dog name thing. It was supposed to be funny and such an obscure reference that none of the intellectual denizens of this august forum would be knowledgeable in that trivia and I would get away with it.

But, no luck, I attracted the attention of an expert. What do you expect from a guy whose life was scripted by Gary Larsen with help from Douglas Adams?

Patrick

/ Backhoe and safe operation of same #24  
I must confess.... I made up the statistic about 72% of statistics being made up./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Backhoe and safe operation of same #25  
Patrick,
HARDE-HAR-HAR you're killin' me over here ....biddy,biddy,biddy.......
Anyway, I'm glad we all have a good sense of humor,just imagine if we were all in the same room together,endless laughter(and tractor talk of course!!)Oh yeah the backhoe thingey...it's good to see you got a response from woods,now if you could only find out if its compatible w/your machine w/cab,good luck w/the phone call tomorrow.As for your "attachments" from Bradco .......they are all related to a 3 point hitch mount hoe....try talking to them again to see if they are getting your point,but it sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a big time excavator....or just a guy who likes to run his compact w/a hoe.....either way you're close!!

/ Backhoe and safe operation of same #26  
I started out with a Kubota B7100 with a woods 650 3 point hoe about 9 years ago. the combination worked very well except that I had to special order a heavy duty top link for the tractor to carry the weight. The hoe was really too heavy for a B7100 and it was never really a "tight" setup. Most of the time I was worried that the arrangement would fold and crush the operator. I have since upgraded to a B2410, added a subframe to the hoe (this required some mods to the subframe as woods does not make one for the 650/B2410 combination). The new setup works great and is quite solid.From my point of view you can't do better than the subframe attchment method. It is easier, safer, more solid, a little more expensive, and does NOT void the warrentee.