Backhoe Backhoe attachment for a Kubota

/ Backhoe attachment for a Kubota #11  
LaPorte said:
Seon
Where did you buy your taylor/Way backhoe. I found one on e-bay and it will need to come form KY. It looks like it will be a around $900.00 shipping cost. Would like to find one on the west coast if possible.

LaPorte,
I bought mine back east and paid the $900 shipping but it was still alot cheaper than buying any other brand here in the west coast. There's a tractor distributor down the road and his price is a little over $1000 per digging foot plus shipping. So his 5' BH is about $5400 plus $400 shipping (40 miles from his shop) and 7.9% CA tax which totalled $6227. I bought my 6' BH delivered for about $5500. I saved enough to actually buy the factory JD mounting bracket which I'd have to modify or buy the steel and fabricate one myself. BTW my JD 4210 doesn't use a subframe foir the factory backhoe.

/ Backhoe attachment for a Kubota
Thanks to everyone that helped cleared up the backhoe dilemma. I know I want a backhoe and now I know I need a subframe to support it. I have to decide how much money I want to spend for a man toy. The reason I want a backhoe is just to play around the property, I really don't need one. I am not going into business digging ditches. On my property there is a old gold mine, at least that's what I ve been told. It's an open mine so a lot of the dirt was piled off to the side from the mine. A lot of the tailings have been piled to make a path to what was the sluice. This is all on the side of a hill with a spring above the mine. The water was channeled down the hill to the sluice. I want to be able to dig the dirt mounds down and dump them into the open mine to fill it in. The dirt has been piled for years and is packed, I have large pine trees growing out of the mounds of dirt. No, there is no gold!!!! I have been asked that question many times. But your are welcome to come and try your luck!

The cost of Taylor/Way and have it shipped to Ca. from Ky,( $3,700 backhoe)+($1,000 shipping)+(? subframe home made) plus the things that might go wrong that I don't even know about, I think I will shop around here in Northren Ca. and see what I can get from a dealer. At least, if I have a problem with the unit I can get help/parts from the dealer. What I should do is buy a used JD or Case backhoe and be done with it. When I am done with filling in the mine sell the backhoe!

Seon said:
LaPorte,
I bought mine back east and paid the $900 shipping but it was still alot cheaper than buying any other brand here in the west coast. There's a tractor distributor down the road and his price is a little over $1000 per digging foot plus shipping. So his 5' BH is about $5400 plus $400 shipping (40 miles from his shop) and 7.9% CA tax which totalled $6227. I bought my 6' BH delivered for about $5500. I saved enough to actually buy the factory JD mounting bracket which I'd have to modify or buy the steel and fabricate one myself. BTW my JD 4210 doesn't use a subframe foir the factory backhoe.

Seon
What trucking company did you use. I looked at a couple and the cheapest I found is $998.00 to Sacramento.

/ Backhoe attachment for a Kubota #14  
LaPorte said:
Seon
What trucking company did you use. I looked at a couple and the cheapest I found is $998.00 to Sacramento.

The seller (Rosseel's Farm and Garden Supply: Equipment For Sale in Chesterfield, MI) gave me a price quote of $900 for shipping and I just paid him. Keep in mind that I bought mine last spring/summer so the price of fuel may have brought the shipping price up since then. BTW seller will match prices ;)

BTW who are you buying it from? I need to buy a 12" bucket for my BH and I don't want to buy it from the seller I bought my BH from, who BTW was suppost to have delivered my BH with a 12" bucket but it came with a 18" bucket.

Last edited:
Seon
I saw it on e-bay, I am not sure what I going to do. From what I understand you should have a subframe for the backhoe. The Taylor-Way dose not have the ability to attach to a subframe unless you fabricate the subframe and the attachment to the backhoe. I don't weld so that would mean I would need to have it done and that could be a problem!

/ Backhoe attachment for a Kubota #16  
LaPorte said:
Seon
... should have a subframe for the backhoe. The Taylor-Way dose not have the ability to attach to a subframe ...

This Taylor Way attaches on your 3 pt hitch. It'll work fine for light to medium duty work.

On my John Deere 4210 model the factory hoe does not even attach to a subframe. It actually mounts on two "rockshaft assist mounting plates". These plates bolts on the transmission/rear axle housing.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe attachment for a Kubota #17  
Seon said:
LaPorte,

Actually, Seon, the Prairie Dog 7.5 (bigger than the TaylorWay 766) has
been available in N CA for under $5K for several years. We talked about that
when you were looking for a 12" bkt. Taylor-Pittsburg does not make a
hoe bigger than their 6 1/2 foot machine.