Backhoe Backhoe BH80X

/ Backhoe BH80X #1  

CamshaftLF

Silver Member
Tractor
96 KUBOTA L2350
Anybody have this series of woods hoe with the sub frame and pump. ? (1) the dealer is telling me the sub frame hooks on the lower 3pt arm pins, and up under the loader frame work does this give it good stability or is it hard on the 3pt pins. I was thinking it would bolt to the rear axle seems like that would be more solider than the 3pt pins. ?(2) how far back does the hoe hang back on this stial of sub frame. looking to purchase one soon. any help greatly appreciated!!!!!

/ Backhoe BH80X #2  
I have a B-70X Woods backhoe on a Mahindra 2015. I can't speak for your machine, but on mine, you remove the brackets with the lower 3-point pins that came with the tractor, and replace them with a single crossover bracket, containing new 3 point pins, and the channel for the hoe subframe. The bracket bolts on using the the same bolts (only longer) that hold the left and right outer axle housings to the center housing.

The front mount just uses a bracket that mounts to your existing loader mount brackets.

It seems wierd to me that a subframe mount of any type would actually use the lower pins themselves. I could be wrong. Maybe your dealer meant the bracket that holds those pins.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about the durability, because Woods is one of the biggest brands out there, and I trust their engineers.

/ Backhoe BH80X #3  
I forgot to add... ... (1) I also have the PTO pump setup, because I don't have rear remotes. I'm very happy with it. I can run the hoe at a much lower RPM, than if I used the tractor's pump anyway. (2) As far as the overhang on the Backhoe, I can't give a measurement because I'm not home right now, but I do know it's greater with a "curved-boom" hoe than with a straight one.

Overall, I've been very happy with the setup. No complaints.