Backhoe bushings rebuild

/ Backhoe bushings rebuild #1  

paulyny

Bronze Member
Ive got an OLD Ford backhoe 621 thats got lots of slop in its joints. Has anyone had backhoe bushings rebuilt? I really love having this machine. Purchased it from a neighbor 8 years ago.He had a cesspool business. Thanks.

/ Backhoe bushings rebuild #2  
For my machine I ordered the bushings from the dealer (wallace) and I swapped them out, I only swapped out the lower bushings on the boom as that was where the wear was.

Should not a big deal, if you can't find at a dealer, with measurements you should be able to get from most machine shops.

Contact an old time dealer, even a different brand, they should be able to help you. This sort of stuff is done every day.

Good luck,
Joel

/ Backhoe bushings rebuild
I just needed a little encouragement. Gonna disasemble next bweek.Now if i can just get in to fit in the trunk of my saturn! Thanks.

/ Backhoe bushings rebuild #4  
It does't say where your located but here in Pa alot of welding shop's have a host of bushing size's available or can order them. Also check online Mcmaster's catolog is one,get more than one if ordering price shouldn't be bad.thenif you mess up the first one yyou ready with a back up.

/ Backhoe bushings rebuild
Thanks.Im in Suffolk County New York. There was a shop called UNICO springs in Queens that once told me that the can do that work. Im now thinking about transporting one piece at a time. Old Suburban 2500 or a Nissan Titan. Hope i dont need to flatbed it 55 miles.

/ Backhoe bushings rebuild #6  
If you can pay someone to do this it would likely not cost that much and it would be less hassle. Sometimes it's hard to line things up.
When you are done you will love it. No slop and it will feel like new. Good luck.