Backhoe Feet

/ Backhoe Feet #41  
3RRL said:
I mounted them the way they are in the photos above, parallel to the leg so they don't flip over when the hoe wants to drag the tractor. But that is putting more stress on the welds in that direction. I hope they hold up and I think they will.

Only 80°F at your place John?
Heck, even my buddy in Montana said it's going to be 100°F at his place in Stevensville today. I was in Edgewood, NM this past week and it got up to 93° and in Albuquerque it was 100°. You are lucky with the 80° man.

Actually, the heat wave washed thru here -- briefly. Was up at the Cub Scout camp with my boy and the first day it was up to 94-5 when we got there, but a front went thru and dumped an inch of rain from 3pm until 8pm. Didn't slow the boys down a bit. We had our hands full getting them under cover due to lightning. (kids!) Cooled off to 65f that night around 2AM, and only hit the low 80's for highs and low 60's to high 50's by dawn. Right now it's 63f and headed for 54. Brrrr, may have to add a blanket....

So, did you pry out any huge boulders and really test those red slippers?

jb

/ Backhoe Feet
Well, no huge boulders but I tried digging the footing for my water tank concrete pad. The decomposed granite was hard as a rock and I did very little damage to it. I managed to scoot the hoe and tractor around plenty trying to penetrate it though. No damage to the red pumps at all. Best thing was the legs did not leak down at all either. Before adding the check valves, I bet I hit them every 5 minutes or so to reset.

/ Backhoe Feet #43  
Yet another successful project !

jb

You did the shoes, what's next, red fingernail polish?