Backhoe backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ?

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #1  

genuine

Tractor
Kubota BX-24
I had a tree branch crush my BX-24, basically hitting the seat and bending the driveshaft, which then broke the rest of the way when started. There's other damage as well.....but the engine is fine...and the backhoe is fine....

Is it possible to put the backhoe from the BX-24 onto BX-2360?

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #2  
I had a tree branch crush my BX-24, basically hitting the seat and bending the driveshaft, which then broke the rest of the way when started. There's other damage as well.....but the engine is fine...and the backhoe is fine.... Is it possible to put the backhoe from the BX-24 onto BX-2360?

The BX24 has a reinforced frame which the BX2360 doesn't have so I doubt it very much. Kubota doesn't offer a kit to add the backhoe to any BX tractor that wasn't originally equipped with one. Sorry about your tractor but at least you weren't sitting on it when it happened!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #3  
I had a tree branch crush my BX-24, basically hitting the seat and bending the driveshaft, which then broke the rest of the way when started. There's other damage as well.....but the engine is fine...and the backhoe is fine....

Is it possible to put the backhoe from the BX-24 onto BX-2360?

I would look very closely at the Kubota online parts catalog (on the Kubota corporate site) - and compare some of the common parts between the two tractors. What you're looking to see - is if the frames are the same. I haven't looked at a BX24 in quite some time - but my BX23 looked to basically share the same frame with the other BX tractors of that era - and then that frame was reinforced by the additional mounting plates that got added to be able to hang the backhoe off the back of the tractor. All of the additional backhoe mounting stuff - was bolted on if I remember correctly - so there's a good chance it could have been transferred over to another BX tractor without a backhoe.

Worse comes to worse - you could likely find somebody to custom-make a mounting setup to hang that backhoe off the back of a BX2360.

What you're thinking about doing is not impossible - it just might take a little research.

Is the frame on the BX24 actually crushed? I would start there - take a close look at it and see if it looks like the mounting for the backhoe is removable or an integral part of the BX24 frame - if it's removable - they take it off and see if it fits up to a BX2360

That's the easiest place to start.

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #4  
What's the model number of the backhoe on the BX24?

I just looked at the Kubota online illustrated parts manual - and it doesn't have the backhoe listed - which means that backhoe parts need to be looked up by the model number of the backhoe itself. If the frame is a separate piece for the backhoe - the illustrated parts manual may show that clearly.

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ?
rbarker..... yeah...when I thought I'd "only" done 8K damage...I had come to a place of acceptance of accidents happen....there were three people with in 30 feet including me using a chainsaw and even a broken foot would cost more than 10K. Lucky no one was killed ect.

This weeks news....has set me spiraling down further.

Current plan is to get it trailered back here and me take the **** thing apart and see if the transmission is or is not done. And if it looks repairable call in some diesel mechanic friends who will charge me closer to $20 an hour vs the dealers $80 an hour.

Thanks for assistance.

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #7  
Ok - so I missed it the first time around.

The subframe is not listed with the BT601 backhoe.

It's listed with the tractor itself. So if you go to the Kubota site and go to the "PARTS" link - then drill down the Illustrated Parts List - put in BX24 for what you're looking for - you will find the parts illustration showing that the subframe for the backhoe is separate pieces.

It's shown under the " Front Axle" - and then "Sub Frame" section.

Some of the other sub-assemblies for the backhoe mounting frame are shown under other sections - but they're all in there - and they're all separate pieces.

The complete frame is shown under Front Axle - and then Front Frame.

Looks like the complete frame is part number K2581-92110

If you dig thru the BX2360 parts list - and find that the frame is the same number - well then I'm pretty sure that your BX24 backhoe and it's subframe will likely bolt right on.

One thing to bear in mind when doing stuff like this is - manufacturers don't want to go out and create a whole bunch of distinctly different parts to support a range of products. They will use as many common parts as they can get away with.

So when you're talking about something like a BX2360 and a BX24 - it's much more likely than not that there will be a huge number of common parts between the two.

And your crushed BX24 isn't worthless. Even if you part it out for parts it will still pull some money back in.

Somewhere out there there might be a guy who dropped a tree on the front of his tractor.

Online parts catalog:
Kubota Tractor Corporation - Parts List

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #8  
Curiousity got the best of me - and I just had to go look.

The main frame that is listed for the BX2360 is the same as the one listed for the BX24

The part number is K2581-92110

What that means as far as I am concerned is: the BT601 backhoe will bolt right up to a BX2360 if you get the backhoe subframe mounted on the BX2360. There may be other issues with hooking it up - like running the hydraulics, but the hoe itself should bolt on.

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #9  
rbarker..... yeah...when I thought I'd "only" done 8K damage...I had come to a place of acceptance of accidents happen....there were three people with in 30 feet including me using a chainsaw and even a broken foot would cost more than 10K. Lucky no one was killed ect.

This weeks news....has set me spiraling down further.

Current plan is to get it trailered back here and me take the **** thing apart and see if the transmission is or is not done. And if it looks repairable call in some diesel mechanic friends who will charge me closer to $20 an hour vs the dealers $80 an hour.

Thanks for assistance.

Just about anything is repairable. It's more a question of exactly what is damaged. If the frame is not bent - and the transmission housing is not cracked - then you might be able to get away with just replacing the driveshaft and the operators platform pieces that got damaged.

Last edited:
   / backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #10  
If you regularly take bh off the bx24, then you would know what possible and what's not. First off, they have a woods brand to go on 4 digit series backhoe ppb the 3 point so the sub frame is not the issue. Second is the hoses hookups. You need two r return lines and the optional aux hydraulic kit doesn't appear to have right connectors. You could weld up a hook for the bh and get modify system to take the bx bh hoses setup.I just suspect you might target take time to replace parts on the damaged bx24 instead of messing around the 4 digit bxs