Backhoe hydraulic plumbing

/ Backhoe hydraulic plumbing #21  
Are you guys in some sort of backhoe digging contest or marathon where every little bit of performance needs to be squeezed out of the machine?

Using the rear remotes for supply and return works beautifully. No muss no fuss. Why use anything else?

I have a BX90 w/thumb. K.I.S.S. hook it up to the quick connects. Works nothing short of excellent for me. My NH dealer told me, this way works the best. YOU have a Kiota dealer telling you to do it this way, well respected (Michigan Iron).. do it. If later it's not making you happy. Plumb it the way the Woods tech said to. No extra money....works good......darn right. I've picked up some serious looking rocks hooked up to the quick connects, would not want to push the hydraulics anymore...it would break stuff. Good Luck

/ Backhoe hydraulic plumbing #22  
I run my BH70X off the remote I had installed when I bought my hoe for my CK20HST works great. I have a thumb and have picked up rocks so heavy that I had to alternate lifting and retracting the boom to get it close enough in to lift to build a rock retaining wall had trouble lifting some of them with the loader no problems running off the remote. My next load of rock will be smaller ones so they are easier to handle, a three foot rock is a little much.

/ Backhoe hydraulic plumbing #23  
I can't condemn the dealers recommendations to use a direct return. I believe their point of view is the direct return is cheap insurance. Prior to Kioti visit I discussed the direct return with one large northeast dealership's service manager. He said the following, keep in mind this is what I remember and my interpretation. They learned the hard way to always recommend the direct return after replacing several hydraulic pumpers for some very unhappy tractor / backhoe customers (I believe these were contractors). He stated they start making direct return kit even before Kioti had one and were easy to make. They felt the direct return was cheap insurance since they really didn't know how the customer was going to use the backhoe. In my case the Kioti engineer recommend I use one due to the number of projects I have planned for my backhoe. I believe a better informed customer can make a better decision that will result in a happier customer. In the end it's your choice.

/ Backhoe hydraulic plumbing
I can't condemn the dealers recommendations to use a direct return. I believe their point of view is the direct return is cheap insurance. Prior to Kioti visit I discussed the direct return with one large northeast dealership's service manager. He said the following, keep in mind this is what I remember and my interpretation. They learned the hard way to always recommend the direct return after replacing several hydraulic pumpers for some very unhappy tractor / backhoe customers (I believe these were contractors). He stated they start making direct return kit even before Kioti had one and were easy to make. They felt the direct return was cheap insurance since they really didn't know how the customer was going to use the backhoe. In my case the Kioti engineer recommend I use one due to the number of projects I have planned for my backhoe. I believe a better informed customer can make a better decision that will result in a happier customer. In the end it's your choice.

I agree with what you are saying. I'm buying a backhoe because I plan on using it. What's to say how much use is to much use to not direct return ? Like I have stated before, there must be a reason they make the kit in the first place, and if it's for contractor duty than I want it, because there will be days where my machine will see that kind of use. For $50 it might be cheap insurance. It's still 2 quick connects, so it's not like it's going to be a hassle to connect.

/ Backhoe hydraulic plumbing #25  
Does everyone who needs a pickup truck need a HD F350 or would a F150 suit most people most of the time. I think that analogy is appropriate here.

You can easily work a 8 hr day with a remote return. If there was a problem then Woods would caution us in the manual. They don't.