Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)?

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #1  

OneMarineE5

Silver Member
Tractor
JohnDeere 2720
I either heard somewhere or read on here something about the backhoe bracket and the mmm not playing nicely together!?

Does anyone know if that only comes into play if you do or do not have independent lift etc? Or is it only if you attempt to have backhoe on at sametime as mmm.

I don't want to be getting into some new issue where I'll have to uninstall some bracket for the one implement before I can put the other implement on!

Having just ordered a 2720 with backhoe and mmm, is there some big issue awaiting me other than not having both on tractor simultaneously?

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #2  
All the brackets that are bolted to the tractor stay on, but you do have to remove the MMM and all of it's supports in order to mount the backhoe. Of course, you also have to remove all the three-point hitch parts as well.

It's not that hard to remove the MMM support pieces, but I wouldn't want to be doing it three times a day. It's a lot easier to switch from a rear mower to the backhoe and vice versa.

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #3  
What did your sales person tell you?

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #4  
I am also wondering what the salesman said Deere does claim that the two are not compatable. The claim is that the subframe is in the way of the lift system for either mech or ind lift. You will have to remove the subframe to reinstall lift comp for the deck. See the att pictures

legend for ind lift
1. lift arms
2. lower rockshaft and adj links
3. screws and huts
4. hyd cylinder and hoses

legend for mech lift
1. 3 point draft arms
2. front draft arm pivot assy

So a few tools to remove this mower lift system but should not be a real bad project for a once a year or so procedure. I as well would not want to do it all of the time.

Attachments

• 46bh_mmm_ind_interference_r.jpg
    46bh_mmm_ind_interference_r.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 654
  • 46bh_mmm_mech_interference_r.jpg
    46bh_mmm_mech_interference_r.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 284
   / Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)?
What did your sales person tell you?

I am also wondering what the salesman said Deere does claim that the two are not compatable. The claim is that the subframe is in the way of the lift system for either mech or ind lift. You will have to remove the subframe to reinstall lift comp for the deck. See the att pictures

Unfortunately when I placed the order I was not aware of this issue. I know that he commented that both could not be mounted simultaneously but I do not recall anything regarding bracket removal.....doesn't mean he didn't say it. Perhaps I did not listen carefully as I may have pondered "why would I want both on at sametime anyway?".

Well, is there anything for the backhoe that has to be installed/uninstalled (other than itself) before re-attaching MMM bracket and then deck? Or am I only dealing with MMM bracket as issue? If I'm reading your images correctly ctlguy, then I imagine it's only the deck & bracket!?

Ahhh, I am so excited to take delivery :thumbsup:

and yet I feel :mur:

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #6  
I have 2305 w/bh ,indep lift and mmm.
I have left my mower on with bh on, Yes mower was in locked post. but mower was on and ready to mow.
Not sure what dealer may have told you.

Good luck.

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #7  
"I have 2305 w/bh ,indep lift and mmm.
I have left my mower on with bh on, Yes mower was in locked post. but mower was on and ready to mow.
Not sure what dealer may have told you."

The 2305 is different from the other "2" series machines in that it can have the MMM and backhoe on at the same time. The 2320, 2520 and 2720 cannot.

"Well, is there anything for the backhoe that has to be installed/uninstalled (other than itself) before re-attaching MMM bracket and then deck? Or am I only dealing with MMM bracket as issue? If I'm reading your images correctly ctlguy, then I imagine it's only the deck & bracket!?"

None of the "backhoe stuff" needs to be removed to mount the mower.

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #8  
Sorry for my mix up....If I would have looked at the 2 attachments I would have seen it is a complete different setup than the 2305.
OneMarineE5 ,my brother has the 2720 has over a 100 hrs and 7 or 8 mo old, he says it is one fine machine .

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)? #9  
I have independent lift MMM and BH on my 2520. To change from mowing to BH I have to drop mower deck and remove it (quick, no tools), remove blower, bags, etc and any parts of 3PH I have on. After deck is off then just bring lift arms for deck back to 'up' position. Then back up to BH and test myself how accurately I can line up to pick it up. Hookup BH

My dealer made a small modification to the underframe of the BH mount - two small notches in the frame were cut and then additional steel was put to strengthen this area. This was done with Deere support for modification, when I originally bought my 2520.

Hope that addresses your issue.

/ Backhoe & MMM compatibility issue (2X20)?
I have independent lift MMM and BH on my 2520. To change from mowing to BH I have to drop mower deck and remove it (quick, no tools), remove blower, bags, etc and any parts of 3PH I have on. After deck is off then just bring lift arms for deck back to 'up' position. Then back up to BH and test myself how accurately I can line up to pick it up. Hookup BH

My dealer made a small modification to the underframe of the BH mount - two small notches in the frame were cut and then additional steel was put to strengthen this area. This was done with Deere support for modification, when I originally bought my 2520.

Hope that addresses your issue.

Am I to understand that "This was done with deere support for mofificarion,..." was done for the purpose of NOT having to remove the MMM bracket? If so......this is like an awesome possibility for me to pursue.

When you mentioned removing parts...3pt...in particular, was this for the independent lift? I am not getting the independent lift....just FYI!

I wouldn't be surprised if others on this thread may find some curiosity in this!

Hmmm, and Deere supported! :cool2: