Dirt Moving backhoe needed

/ backhoe needed #1  

jaercole

Tractor
Hi ya all, Need a good decently priced 4x4 backhoe or model 84 wheeled loader for a beach project in Michigan. Happy new year. Thanks, Dr. Jon Ercole, Byron, Mi Cell 810 247 1840

Last edited:
   / backhoe needed #2  
:welcome:

/ backhoe needed #3  
Hi ya all, Need a good decently priced 4x4 backhoe or model 84 wheeled loader for a beach project in Michigan. Happy new year. Thanks, Dr. Jon Ercole, Byron, Mi Cell 810 247 1840

Welcome to TBN, Doc. Before you drop alot of hard earned money... why don't you fill us in on what you're planning to dig up? Just might come up with one or two noteworthy ideas from the multi-faceted members here. :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ backhoe needed
In response to AKFish comment, I am looking for a good machine to move a substantial uncompacted overburden of soil, mixed clay and assorted glacial gumbo to reach a nice sand lense which is about 8 feet under ground. I need about 350 to 400 yards of sand which will have to be moved about 1200 feet and placed on the shore for later deposition on geotextile fabric. Now, the kicker: I can move it by buying a machine, for a lot less that the quotes I got from the contractor. Thanks for the advice. Call me with any other ideas at 810 247 1840.

/ backhoe needed #5  
In response to AKFish comment, I am looking for a good machine to move a substantial uncompacted overburden of soil, mixed clay and assorted glacial gumbo to reach a nice sand lense which is about 8 feet under ground. I need about 350 to 400 yards of sand which will have to be moved about 1200 feet and placed on the shore for later deposition on geotextile fabric. Now, the kicker: I can move it by buying a machine, for a lot less that the quotes I got from the contractor. Thanks for the advice. Call me with any other ideas at 810 247 1840.

Well, that's a bit of material - but, not a mountain - really. I've moved 200-250 yards in a day with my little, JD110 TLB. Of course, I didn't have to dig it up first.... and then move it, either! Nonetheless, I'd like to think you could rent a commercial backhoe for a week (or a month if you can't get away from the clinic very often..) and get the job done - handily.

AKfish

/ backhoe needed #6  
you might want to consider using an escavator. I believe the rubber tracks would be good in the sand. And it would move more material faster. I think you would be able to use a 3 foot bucket with around a 50 hp machine.

/ backhoe needed #7  
I would rent a cat or Deere wheeled front loader with good size bucket.

Excavator is not gonna work for moving 1200 feet! Unless you want to rent a dump truck too... Lol