Backhoe Backhoe nirvana!

/ Backhoe nirvana! #21  
Pete, I'm real glad to hear all is well with Clemetine and her new dress! I'll have to echo what several other folks have already said about a BH being the single most useful implement for a tractor. After having one for a while, you will wonder what you did without it. Using one makes you feel like a /w3tcompact/icons/king.gif. BTW, those pneumatic grease guns are just $19.95 in the Harbor Freight catalog....

Your comment about what you're wife said after our breakfast get together is just about the same as what mine said too./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I'm happy to report that after she met you last week, you made a positive impression on her. She still doesn't understand though why guys would get together just to talk tractors....

I wish you continued good luck with Clementine, and we'll see you soon.

Corm

/ Backhoe nirvana!
Corm -- Glad to hear the wives think alike. It enhances the likelihood of our being allowed to play together while they chat. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I think the hoe and the logging winch are tied for usefulness around my hill. Both will see a lot of use, and both will greatly simplify my life. Today we'll see how the hoe works at tugging logs off the pile. Unfortunately, when the loggers came to clean up after Hurricane Floyd I had them stack the firewood logs in the least convenient corner of the property. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I saw the grease guns at Harbor Freight, but will wait till they have a free shipping special. Paying $10 shipping on a $20 item strikes me as highway robbery!

BTW: The connections for the sub-frame are pretty much exactly like yours.

Pete

/ Backhoe nirvana!
My first stump

A pic my wife took as I started on that first stump. Though the stump is barely visible next to the bucket, the finish mower seems to have no trouble finding it. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif The stump is now gone, buried at the bottom of a six foot deep hole.

Note the, um, TBN grin!

Pete

Attachments

• 5-147399-backhoe.jpg
    5-147399-backhoe.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 71
   / Backhoe nirvana! #24  
Re: My first stump

<font color=blue>Note the, um, TBN grin!</font color=blue>

Yeah, that seems like an awful lot of smilin' for a guy who's supposed to be working! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Man, you've got a nice setup there, Pete. That's exactly the kind of rig I want to get when I grow up.
crazy.gif

BTW -- where exactly was that picture taken? I've seen pictures of your place, and as I recall, it's all white and devoid of stumps.
wink.gif

/ Backhoe nirvana!

Thanks, Harv! Those pics you saw where the land was all white and flat must have been taken in winter when the trees were all under snow! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif In that pic you're looking downhill from our "lawn," across our football field sized lower meadow. The property boundary is marked with all those pine tree trunks stacked up to keep our vacation home neighbor's kids from playing trampoline on top of our septic tank (they have prior offenses). That particular field now has a few new holes into which new apple trees will soon be placed.

To put things in perspective, here's an aerial shot of the house and some of our land. If you draw a line in the photo directly down from the closest corner of the house, you'll see a rather large tamarack tree. That tree is now the stump I just buried.

Pete

Attachments

• 5-147416-Housecropped99.jpg
    5-147416-Housecropped99.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 66
   / Backhoe nirvana! #26  

Wow, great looking rig you've got there Pete! I'm envious. Looks like you're enjoying your new toy... tool /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Backhoe nirvana! #27  

Nice setup you got there Pete.

Would that be your brand new TBN hat /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Hope the up and coming nasty weather doesn't put a hault to your plans.

/ Backhoe nirvana! #28  

Boondox:
Great aerial shot of your property. Did you take it while standing in Clementines Bucket?

/ Backhoe nirvana!

Russ -- Nope. I was flying a huge kite attached to the logging winch! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Pete

/ Backhoe nirvana! #30  

Boondox, Nice looking rig you got there good luck with her (him?). Watch them stumps... they are like Icebergs often "what you see is not what you get! Attached is a picture of a 12" dia stump that I thought would be a good candidate as the first one with the new machine. Well 1 hour and a whole (pun) lot of digging later it finally came out! A lot bigger below than above the ground!
Good luck with the newest addition to the family!

Attachments

• 5-148264-firststumpfinallyout2.JPG
    5-148264-firststumpfinallyout2.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 76