Backhoe options for a bx2660

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #21  
Guess it comes down to how many projects you have where the cost of the BH outweighs just renting something for a weekend.

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #22  
That is an incredible price, used obviously. I have to wonder if something is wrong with it. The person buying it would need also to purchase from someone else the correct subframe to match whatever tractor it's going on.

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #23  
I believe the price is for a new unit but I could be wrong...

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #24  
The typical price for one of these (installed) is six to seven thousand. The possibility exists that someone just wants to get rid of it fast, and if everything is legit, then that price is an amazing steal for new. I personally would be very circumspect. When something seems too good to be true, is usually is.

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #25  
The typical price for one of these (installed) is six to seven thousand. The possibility exists that someone just wants to get rid of it fast, and if everything is legit, then that price is an amazing steal for new. I personally would be very circumspect. When something seems too good to be true, is usually is.

If you are talking about the BH6000 I just got my BH70-X installed - during the search I ran across two BH6000's -
An 07 extremely lightly used (no rust in the bucket) BH6000 for $4500 installed w/4 point subframe at a dealers.
An '08 BH6000 sitting on a pallet - new/unused $5K plus bucket? installed w/ subframe.

/edit - plus the BH posted does not list a bucket, so add in $1.3K for a bucket and subframe. Thus maybe about $4.2K - still a great price compared.

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #26  

The AD I posted is from a business it's not some personal posting from a classified section...:eek:

I suppose if your interested all you would have to do is contact the company to get the details.

You know I posted this to help out somebody who may be looking to get a BH and as usual with these type of forums it opens the door for all the NEGATIVE NINNIES to start ranting, and get all paranoid... No problem learned my lesson here won't happen again...!!! Tom-H is delusional - $7000 WHAT...!!!:eek:

Last edited:
   / Backhoe options for a bx2660 #27  
If you are talking about the BH6000 I just got my BH70-X installed - during the search I ran across two BH6000's -
An 07 extremely lightly used (no rust in the bucket) BH6000 for $4500 installed w/4 point subframe at a dealers.
An '08 BH6000 sitting on a pallet - new/unused $5K plus bucket? installed w/ subframe.

/edit - plus the BH posted does not list a bucket, so add in $1.3K for a bucket and subframe. Thus maybe about $4.2K - still a great price compared.

This is much more correct on the pricing. I put a BH-90X w/subframe kit & bucket on my tractor for $7,700 and that's a lot more hoe than a BH6000

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #28  
The AD I posted is from a business it's not some personal posting from a classified section...:eek:

I suppose if your interested all you would have to do is contact the company to get the details.

You know I posted this to help out somebody who may be looking to get a BH and as usual with these type of forums it opens the door for all the NEGATIVE NINNIES to start ranting, and get all paranoid... No problem learned my lesson here won't happen again...!!!
Geez, Vermonters used to have thicker hides! Must be global warming!
I'm aggravated you posted it NOW versus a month ago!
I might have gone with that versus the $7K BH70-X (which is supposedly on my tractor and will be delivered tomorrow). That was $7K before upgraded bucket, Woods thumb, taxes and delivery charges.

And it seems the only negative poster is Tom_H, he commented in my thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-putting-woods-bh-my-7610-a.html#post1647638 about a subframe for
the BH70-X. I suspect that even in his area there are 2008 unused BH6500's w/o subframe, bucket, thumb, installation, taxes and delivery charges going for about $3 to $3.5K.

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #29  
...NEGATIVE NINNIES to start ranting, and get all paranoid... No problem learned my lesson here won't happen again...!!! Tom-H is delusional - $7000 WHAT...!!!:eek:

And it seems the only negative poster is Tom_H, he commented in my thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-putting-woods-bh-my-7610-a.html#post1647638 about a subframe for
the BH70-X. I suspect that even in his area there are 2008 unused BH6500's w/o subframe, bucket, thumb, installation, taxes and delivery charges going for about $3 to $3.5K.

tripletap, I am not questioning you personally. I am expressing surprise at the price quoted in the ad. My own experience differs highly. There is no need to call someone "delusional" based upon a difference in experience. As to who may be "paranoid", well, what can I say?

newbury, my statements are based upon having asked for quotes from over 20 dealers in central California when I purchased a BH6000 last spring. What you "suspect" is incorrect. The only people who would sell me the backhoe uninstalled wanted over $7000 for it. Prices among the quotes I received ranged from $6000 to almost $7500. When I commented to my dealer about the quote for $7500 uninstalled, he stated that Woods charges for delivery to low volume dealers, but not to higher volume dealers. He also indicated, that the higher the volume, the lower the wholesale price charged. At this time last year, fuel prices were running considerably higher than they are now; steel prices probably were as well. My comments are based on facts. I priced this backhoe widely, I purchased from the lowest bidder, and I own this backhoe. If you want pics of the bh and the receipt, I have them.

As to asking whether you are sure that Woods has a subframe for attaching the BH6000 (not a BH-70X as you state) to a B7610, exactly what about that offended you so greatly? Further, this current discussion is about a BH6000, not a BH6500 as you also state above.

I am more than glad to "discuss" the differences in our experiences, however let's try to stick to facts without labeling people as negative, paranoid, delusional, and ninnies. This is a place for rational grown men to have a logical discussion.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe options for a bx2660 #30  
<snip>
newbury, my statements are based upon having asked for quotes from over 20 dealers in central California when I purchased a BH6000 last spring. What you "suspect" is incorrect. The only people who would sell me the backhoe uninstalled wanted over $7000 for it. Prices among the quotes I received ranged from $6000 to almost $7500. When I commented to my dealer about the quote for $7500 uninstalled, he stated that Woods charges for delivery to low volume dealers, but not to higher volume dealers. He also indicated, that the higher the volume, the lower the wholesale price charged. At this time last year, fuel prices were running considerably higher than they are now; steel prices probably were as well. My comments are based on facts. I priced this backhoe widely, I purchased from the lowest bidder, and I own this backhoe. If you want pics of the bh and the receipt, I have them.

As to asking whether you are sure that Woods has a subframe for attaching the BH6000 (not a BH-70X as you state) to a B7610, exactly what about that offended you so greatly?
Jeez, I didn't know I was offended, I was just mentioning you had commented in my thread where I decided to purchase the BH70-X. And tripletap was complaining about basically 1 negative post.
Further, this current discussion is about a BH6000, not a BH6500 as you also state above.<snip>
You got me there for the typo on 6500 Tom.
Here's the used BH6000 still for sale at Cavalier for $4,500. Bucket looks rustier than I remembered.BH6000 Woods Backhoe | Cavalier International

Too bad prices are so high in California.