Backhoe Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it??

/ Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it?? #1  

WAB85

Tractor
Kubota L3830, Kubota B2620,Kubota RTV900
I recently purchased a new L3830 GST with an LA723 FEL. The bucket is a "heavy duty" round back # L2273. The tractor now has almost 10 hours, and I like it a lot. Today I added a Land Pride PD25 12" post hole auger --- got lots of fence work to do. It looks nice setting next to our RTV900 which we bought in 2004.
I am thinking hard about buying a BH90 Backhoe for the L3830. However, I would not want the backhoe on the tractor all the time. So..... really and honestly.... how big a job is it to take-off, and put-on the BH90.
The dealer says no additional hydraulic's are required on the tractor -- it just hooks in direct.
One last question --- will the 3830 handle the backhoe with a 24" bucket?

Thanks in advance for your input.
KW

/ Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it?? #2  
Will the backhoe be a subframe mount? I have been wanting to know how easy it is to get on and off the tractor myself.

Best regards,

Sota

/ Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it?? #4  
Nice job!! You need to publish a manual.:) Very helpful information.

Best regards,

Sota

/ Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it??
TXDon --- Thanks for your reply.
That is an outstanding piece of documentation.
Looks like I should have done a search before posting my question.
It appears the BH90 removal & reinstallation can be done by one person in a reasonable amount of time. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks again,
KW

/ Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it?? #6  
I have a l4330 with a woods bh9000 with sub frame and it is extremely easy to take on and off. I can take the unit in less than 10 minutes and put the unit back on in about the same amount of time. The key is to take it off on a flat surface.

/ Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it?? #7  
I have that exact same set up 3830 with a BH 90...
That is a great post and helps allot... I will say that it takes a little practice
I have had mine on and off about 3 different time and each time it gets a little easier about a 10 min job or so now...
Good luck and that is one AWESOME combination I LOVE mine...

/ Backhoe removal -- How "easy" is it?? #8  
txdon said:
It's your lucky day! I found my old post which shows exactly how it is done. Enjoy!
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/37936-backhoe-pictorial-tutorial-removing-bh90.html?highlight=txdon+bh90

Sota, on page 2 there is a picture of the subframe mount.

Well that is quite a bit easier than taking the hoe off my old b7100. Takes me about a hour each way to change over. You have to take the hitch and 3pt gear completely off and then bolt on the backhoe plates each time. There is a long pin that the lower 3pt arms go on which runs through the hitch and part of the rear end. My tires are flipped around to widen the stance which means to get the hitch off I have to pull one tire off to pull out that long pin. Thank god for air tools ;)

Over the years someone stripped out some of the bolt holes in the rear end where the BH support plates go so now I need to Heli-coil them. I just put the hoe on, when I take it off I am going to study real close to see if there is anyway I can modify things in order to leave the plates on full time.

Right now I sort of 'save up' my projects that require the hoe.

Charles