Backhoe Backhoe Speed ?

/ Backhoe Speed ? #11  
Jim, one would actually have to try the machine and not just see it in the yard to make that statement. You don't know what damage is until you've used an industrial hoe. Rat...

/ Backhoe Speed ? #12  
Yep, a tracked hi-hoe, I think called a JD 590D, took down a house for us yesterday. It created six dump truck loads and a clean hole in about four hours. The operator smashed the house into hole, crunched up material, sorted stuff into piles; shorts for the trucks and longs requiring more crunching. Plucked things like furnaces and fuel tanks out of the hole. He also built ramps out of rubble for going into the hole and pulling down far walls. Minimal damage to a tree at the corner of the house was done, and grass, only at one corner, was torn up. There are very few nails lying around. There also was little noise. Other than the clanging of the hoe and the squeaking of the tracks, there was only a low hum from the engine. My baby tractor makes more noise. Then, he pulled our 40' construction trailer into place.

All in all, a very impressive performance, and worth every cent, compare to me poking around with my baby tractor. The JD hoe is yellow rather than green.