Backhoe Backhoe stabilizers

/ Backhoe stabilizers
Took out a couple of stumps yesterday. Getting the hang of it (and having a blast too). I see what you all mean about the technique, angles, bucket curl, pull etc all work together and it's amazing how different ways of working can be stronger.

I'll get the hang of it! I love this tractor!

/ Backhoe stabilizers #12  
I find that each situation calls for a different approach. Sometimes I'm in 2wd, others in 4wd. Sometimes hi range sometimes low.
If I know that I will be moving along such as digging a ditch,(moving the tractor forward) then I'm normally in 2wd low, letting the hydrostat help prevent movement but allowing me to lift the rear wheels enough to push the tractor ahead along my route. I can reach the FEL control from the hoe seat if I need to lower the bucket.
If I am making a trail thru the bush then I'm normally moving the tractor backwards over uneven ground, sometimes I need 4wd Low to stop it moving towards the hoe. If I'm working on a downhill section I might even need to lower the cutting edge of the FEL to hold things still, then raise the FEL and switch to 2wd to move the tractor with the hoe. If I'm working uphill I might even need to find neutral to pull the tractor along (but don't let it roll forward on you).
The main thing is practice carefully and remember to use the hoe as a counterweight, brake and stabilizer as need be.