Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie

/ Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie
Did lots of welding today. My trusty Miller 175 has served me well. This is the welder i bought used from MadReferee. I like to think he is looking over my shoulder on this one !!! Buying a decent used welder should be considered by anyone on a budget. My subframe is now nearly too heavy for me to lift by myself. It must be almost done ! Welded in all the gussets i had made yesterday. Was about an hour from being done....... ran out of wire for the mig !!! Rat farts !!! Where am i gonna get wire on a Sunday??? Off to Lowes i go. Unfortunately, they only have the small spools, for the 110 welders. I had to manually roll it onto my empty spool from the new spool. OK.... more welding. Bought a couple flapper discs while i was at Lowes also. Flapper discs are my new best friend !! Cleaned up everything i could get at with the flapper.

Attachments

• Woods BH6000 036.jpg
    Woods BH6000 036.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 614
  • Woods BH6000 038.jpg
    Woods BH6000 038.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 534
  • Woods BH6000 039.jpg
    Woods BH6000 039.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 628
Though its not completely done, its done enough for some light digging. I'll make my X member at the transmission later this week. Since it looks like it may rain, i'd better get a little protection on it. Some primer and a couple coats of black paint from a spray-bomb oughtta do it.

Attachments

• Woods BH6000 040.jpg
    Woods BH6000 040.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 657
  • Woods BH6000 041.jpg
    Woods BH6000 041.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 527
  • Woods BH6000 042.jpg
    Woods BH6000 042.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 519
  • Woods BH6000 043.jpg
    Woods BH6000 043.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 581
And out behind the barn i go to look for worms.

Of course..... Whats-Her-Name comes out back, sees what i'm doing.... and with her hands on her hips, and with that attitude in her voice, says,"And the purpose of that hole is.......??????????"

And i responded,"Cuz i can !"

Attachments

• Woods BH6000 026.jpg
    Woods BH6000 026.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 664
  • Woods BH6000 028.jpg
    Woods BH6000 028.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 577
  • Woods BH6000 031.jpg
    Woods BH6000 031.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 621
   / Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie #14  
Great explanation and picture info of the install. Good job. This is the kind of stuff I like to see on TBN. Buy something and make it work.

/ Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie #15  
Great job Scott,
I'm particularly impressed with the robust structure of your subframe. It looks strong and well made.
Oh, and your welds look excellent too.

/ Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie #16  
You have done a great job on your subframe, I got to tell ya though ya didn't have to unspool the 2lb spool for your MM175, ya just had to remove the adapter for the 11lb spools and slide the 2lb spool on and feed your wire as normal:)

/ Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie #17  
Scott,
I think that your subframe looks great. Very strong and capable. You will be able to throw the whole tractor around and not worry 'bout breaking the mount. Looks good from here.

Mike

Rob, Thanks, but of course i didn't take any close-ups of the welds that looked like bird turds !!! I do need to pick up a spray, or something to keep the spatter from sticking all over the place. I have learned to clean everything a little better...... this was my problem with welds that didn't look as purty. Also.... my auto darkening mask is just too dark, even when set on 9. This was actually my biggest problem welding. I even tried shining a 500 watt worklight where i was welding to no avail. Its not a real cheapo, but maybe i shoulda spent another hundred bucks when i bought it?

wushaw.... i actually realized this as i was spinning the wire from one spool to the other. I'll be buying another full sized spool this week, so it was no big deal.

I need to come up with an affordable solution to my need for a seat that slides back and forth AND spins around. I stopped at the local Kubota dealer to see how the seats work on the new BXs.... I had barely tilted the seat up when a shark (A.K.A. salesman) was on me like stink on poop, telling me how affordable,versatile, blah,blah,blah !!! Why do i have such a dislike for salesmen??? Anyway.... if anyone in tractorland has swapped out their seat for one that slides-n-spins.... i'm all ears ! I will not offer up any photographic evidence of my seat modification, its some of the cheesiest work i've ever done. But.... it did allow me to get a couple hours of seat time in today !

Attachments

• Yanmar YM186D 163.jpg
    Yanmar YM186D 163.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 846
  • Yanmar YM186D 164.jpg
    Yanmar YM186D 164.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 545
  • Yanmar YM186D 165.jpg
    Yanmar YM186D 165.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 584
  • Yanmar YM186D 169.jpg
    Yanmar YM186D 169.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 654
   / Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie #19  
Re: seat solution. Do you have enough room to add a seat for the bh? From the photos it looks like you have a long reach from the seat to the controls (hard to tell from a picture, or maybe you are 6'10"). My TYM has the two seat system and I like it over the Kubota single seat system such as the B21 types.

/ Backhoe Subframe For My 25 Yr Old Yannie #20  
Ductape said:
I'm connecting the front of my subframe to my loader sub-frame. There is a crossmember under the front of the bellhousing, and it ties into the rear of the motor, as well as the bellhousing. .....

Would you mind taking a pic (or 2) of this? I may try to do something like that for the FEL I'm adding.