Backhoe tooth broke

/ Backhoe tooth broke #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
My GC 2410 has done jobs that push its limits before and breaking granite from this wall was just another challenge. I did succeed in pulling 4 attached pieces from the wall but this last one took a tooth out.

It looks like the tooth is welded. Does anyone have a source where I can order another tooth? btw, this little guy is amazing.

Attachments

• image-3843270422.jpg
    image-3843270422.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 236
  • image-1688704092.jpg
    image-1688704092.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 246
  • image-1774155827.jpg
    image-1774155827.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 277
   / Backhoe tooth broke #2  
If it were mine, I'd just weld a piece of sharpened 1/4" plate on where it broke off. I would use the 6013 tempering rods they sell at TSC.

/ Backhoe tooth broke #4  
those look like they are replaceable, shank is welded on tooth slips over. tractor supply may have them.

/ Backhoe tooth broke #6  
When you get a replacement tooth make sure you get the lock pin as well. Most likely the lock pin worked itself out and you haven't actually broken anything.

/ Backhoe tooth broke #8  
Pix, check with your dealer or a Bobcat dealer. I know them as a "fabricated" tooth. The little (Woods) backhoe I had had them and the tooth covers you are looking for are not pinned on. They were held on by hammering the side of the cover into a small detent on the shank. Not that great of a set up, I tack welded mine on & would still loose them. What ever you find, the fit to the shank on the bucket is the most important.

/ Backhoe tooth broke
Thanks for all your responses guys. It does now seem like the tooth slides on without a pin and I will replace it and look at a way to tack or pin it.

/ Backhoe tooth broke #10  
They might be the same on my MF backhoe. H&L 00 Weld on / crimp on. I replaced 4 on my Backhoe, I ordered and got them in 2 days.

HERE