Backhoes and Kioti's

/ Backhoes and Kioti's #1  

Tscott

Bronze Member
Tractor
DK35
Backhoes and Kioti\'s

I'm seriously considering the purchase of a backhoe as I can use it for our business. I'm wondering what the other Kioti owners are using for backhoes. The unit made for kioti seems alright but I'd like to know what preferences everyone has for specific brands and why. Also, I've been looking at the hardy backhoes,they have a telescoping model, anyone with any feedback would be welcomed .checked the threads but havent found any hardy info. ??

/ Backhoes and Kioti's #2  
Re: Backhoes and Kioti\'s

Call Roman Engine 1-888-575-6802. Ask for Pete he's the owner. Pete is honest and will shoot it to ya straight. He sells both Kioti and Hardy. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://romanengine.com>http://romanengine.com</A>
BTI

/ Backhoes and Kioti's

BTI, thanks for the info and site address. pete wasnt in but I talked to someone else who doesnt think that hardy has a sub frame for a DK 35 as yet. thanks again

/ Backhoes and Kioti's #4  

I only thing close to a tractor I have ever owned was a 1963 7hp Cub Cadet. Loved it though. I recently started looking into buying a Kioti and one of the things I have noticed is all the different backhoe (and frontend loader) manufacturers there are. Kioti has theirs, which I assume is made for them, I saw Allied's, Kelley's, Woods and others. I talked to one dealer who said an important thing to consider is how they are attached to the tractor. Kioti's being frame attached, others sometimes attach them to the 3PH which can be a big problem. I talked to another dealer (less than 5 miles from me, big plus) who prefers Wood's. They experienced more failures with the Kioti branded backhoes than they thought should occur. I guess the tractor manufacturer really does not matter, the question is how do you determine whose attachments are good in terms of ease of use, quality, reliability and compatibility with your particular tractor? If there are a number of good choices maybe the question is what do you definately want to look out for or stay away from?

/ Backhoes and Kioti's #5  

I have a Woods 6500 on my 1914.. Very impressed so far. Not much seems to stop it. Just took out some Cedar stumps about 14" in diameter. I am using the pump on the tractor. I didn't opt for the PTO Pump.. Good luck with your decision.

/ Backhoes and Kioti's #6  

BTI,
you need to fill your profile out more,so i can see where your from.
Purchased my DK from Pete Roman..

/ Backhoes and Kioti's
Re: Rollerskate

I know that alot of manufacturers are using wood backhoes for thier tractors and many dealers paint them to color match your specific brand. The Kioti hoes do have a frame with a quick detatch system that apparently doesnt interfere with the ability to use other attachments. I think you can also get a pump kit that runs off the PTO. I'd like to know exactly what kind of failures the other dealer experienced. Also, sometimes warranty's are voided with the use of other backhoes.

/ Backhoes and Kioti's
Re: Rphil

I've only heard or read good things about Woods equipment in general and there are several dealers in my area selling backhoes at a price very close to the Kioti setup. BTI says that the Kioti backhoes are made in the USA. I wonder by who?

/ Backhoes and Kioti's #9  
Re: Rphil

Ancient Korean Secret/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
BTI

/ Backhoes and Kioti's
Re: BTI

Hmmm Ancient secret.........I seeee