Backhoes for Yanmar

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #21  
Years ago I bought a skidsteer with a backhoe and a frozen motor for $1200. The hydraulics all turned out to be in great shape. I rebuilt the engine and played for a year or two and sold it for $6500. :cool: I really did like the way that the backhoe attached to the SS. It used 2 hooks on the bottom and 2 pins on the top. It was very stable and firmly attached--I certainly did not worry about it.

If i were to put one on a small tractor--like my 1510D--I would be kind of afraid of what damage I could do to the tractor. I tend to max things out and a BH can max things out in a hurry. On a small tractor i would insist on a 4 point attach to a well built suframe. I had some stumps to dig out, a foundation to dig along and various trenches so I thought about what could do the job the best and the mini ex was the only tool for the job. The ability to swing clear around is a huge benefit.

I thought about putting a small bh on my tractor, but decided against it, because it: 1.could potentially harm my tractor. 2) could not do what I needed done. And 3) would cost about the same as an mini ex here.

That is my experience--so now I have a Yanmar B-17.2 mini excavator, which has confirmed my thinking and proven to be perfect for my needs.

Not to say that a SS would not be very nice. I have a job that I am thinking about renting one to do. We will see.

Mike

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #22  
Coldwater........your thoughts???? Do you make a frame mount back hoe??? Seems most folks....including Hoye.....don't recommend the 3 pt. back hoe?????
Have you ever had a tractor split in half??? A friend of mine has your FEL.....he really likes your product.

not my backhoe its a 600lb and i never made a frame mount in my size.my backhoe gos on as fast as a box blade.you do not need the weight of the tractor to dig. the backhoe is free on the 3pt it can up and down. when you dig you are mostly pulling the backhoe down. not much work on the tractor. i made backhoes that had no tractor just a 5hp gas motor and wheels like a cad digger they work good. guys love my hoe it size and cost.by the way size matters

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #23  
Thanks Coldwater......I appreciate your response. I wish you and all the readers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #24  
Has any one looked into having a self contained BH sent over from China. They can be ordered through Alibaba. I was looking at one for my YM2000. Priced at 1600.00. The trick is getting it stateside with added taxes and port charges. I was looking into it. You need a broker.
The BH looked great though.

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #25  
I would not think with freight, and the broker fees it would be worth it? I could be wrong but I would not want to mess with it unless I could be guaranteed delivery and an all inclusive price.

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #26  
I considered the standard Jinma hoe that was available a few years ago - model AW3???. I decided it was too heavy to lift with the YM240 (YM2000), also reviews said the motions were crude, not smooth.

I would definitely look for one already delivered here and sold with some kind of guarantee that it's functional, instead of paying freight and gambling that I would never need warranty service. If you're serious, ask around in the Chinese tractor forum.