Backhoe BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #421  
Nice! Would love to see that ripper in action!
Will try in the next few days to get some pictures or even a video . I am selling the 32 " . I like the 42" blade a lot better it goes down far enough to get the roots of most any tree. It seems to do very good with hard woods it is the larger pine trees that are really hard to get out with their long tap root.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #422  
We have a 24" bucket so I wind up digging a lot to be able to push over large trees with the FEL. An nice blade like you built would really speed up things I expect when it comes to tree removal. Thanks for showing us your projects and the results.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #423  
IMG_1820.jpg Hope this picture comes out just as four foot around and 6 -7 foot pine tree tap root finally broke loose the front end came off the ground. It seems to pull out hard woods a lot easier than the huge pine trees them tap roots are a killer.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #424  
IMG_1822.jpgIMG_1822.jpg It is nice how it just cuts a line across the root ball with out removing much dirt at all. I have pulled out about 35 stumps so far since I built this bigger blade type ripper at 42 inches.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #425  
IMG_1835.jpg In my PC the pictures are straight for some reason when they get up loaded they are at the wrong angle....I have the 32 inch for sale $800.00 and will be making another 42" shortly at $1500.00

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #426  
View attachment 380383 In my PC the pictures are straight for some reason when they get up loaded they are at the wrong angle....I have the 32 inch for sale $800.00 and will be making another 42" shortly at $1500.00

Are you using a phone to take the pictures with? Turing it sideways to get the wider shot? If so, that can cause it sometimes.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM
Dang the bad luck! I was pushing up a brush pile with the backhoe today and I heard a loud pop! Then the backhoe was leaning on its side! Thought I broke an axle! But I broke the inside of the rim!

ForumRunner_20140709_170535.png

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #428  
You never like it when these things happen and you wished that they did not. But on the other hand better a broken rim than a broken axle.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #429  
If you plan on welding the rim back together be sure to take the tire off first. Remember that a weld bead shrinks as it cools when you try to true the rim. Less than an 1/8 inch run out can be done without much trouble.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #430  
Dang the bad luck! I was pushing up a brush pile with the backhoe today and I heard a loud pop! Then the backhoe was leaning on its side! Thought I broke an axle! But I broke the inside of the rim!

View attachment 382234

My backhoe looked a lot like that about 15 years ago, actually I think it might be the same type of hoe. Mine is a Sherman hoe on a 1964 ford 621. Well anyways I did break the axle and the tire was on the ground I had to lift the tractor with the outrigger to get it off of the tire, forget getting it in the garage at that point!