Backhoe Backhoes

/ Backhoes #11  
Bill,

I'm curious. With the location of the TC35D's gas tank, how close can the hoe be mounted to the rear of the tractor. I assume that you need room for the hoe seat and the tank seems like it might be in the way. Does this affect the usability of the hoe?

Peter

/ Backhoes #12  
Here's the ad for you netscape users.
Brand new 3 pt. kelley B750 backhoes, 71/2' digging depth, require 35 to 50 hp cat 1 tractor with a single set of remotes, 5-10 gpm. Includes all 3pt. mounting hardware and 15" bucket. $3850.00. email with zip code for a freight quote agwholesaler@hotmail.com

/ Backhoes #13  
bcarter - Good point about the separate pump (especially about the resale-ability of the hoe with a separate pump) I opted not to go that way because it was cheaper for me to use the tractor hydraulics.

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is the size of the bucket. I have a 16" bucket. It works well for digging out stumps, trenches, and the many, many rocks around my place. Originally I wanted to get a bigger bucket, but was talked out of it by a friend of mine. It has turned out to be sage advice. After using my hoe for awhile now, I don't believe it has the power to run a bigger bucket except maybe in real light soil or sand, and I don't believe a bigger bucket would be nearly as handy for stumping. My advice would be to go with a narrower bucket.

Corm

/ Backhoes #14  
Hi Peter,

Plenty of room between tank and back of back hoe seat. Doesn't affect usability at all.

Subframe mounts forward under tractor and also to where the 3pth arms would mount.

Drawbacks to a subframe mount are that you lose some ground clearance and you need to remove your 3pth arms to mount back hoe.

I've taken off and put on the back hoe 3 or 4 times so far and have it down to 15-20 minutes time.

Bill

/ Backhoes #15  
I have the Woods 9000 and agree it is an Excellent Hoe! I have subframe on TC45D with the remote PTO pump. Plenty of power. I have the big bucket (24") and small bucket (12"). Handles the 24" fine even in rocky soil. Gannon buckets are tough as nails and easy to replace teeth as needed.