Backup camera

/ Backup camera #1  

Ronsway

Tractor
Kubota MX4800
I have a Kubota MX4800 HST and need a "good" rear facing camera & display. Hood is plastic and there is no power point.
I need something to show what is going on between the tires back....
I would like something easy to install/maintain, self-contained, and decent clarity - eyes aren't what they used to be?

/ Backup camera #2  
Good evening,

The folks at CABCAM have a multiple channel(multiple camera)
remote camera system with a large screen that is battery powered
and does not require hard wiring to fuss with.

www.thecabcam.com

/ Backup camera
Thanks, I have sent a email to CABCAM for their recommendation . The other situation is that they only sell thru dealers.

/ Backup camera #4  
Dont believe everything you hear.

I had no trouble buying my camera system independently.

agricameras

farmpartsstore

aiproducts

greenpartsstore

amazon

petersonparts

allpartsstore

You will have no problem buying a camera system with remote
battery powered cameras from an independent reseller.

/ Backup camera #5  
lots of choices on e-bay
I installed on on my truck and have on on my tractor.

/ Backup camera #6  
amazon. just get one with a 9" or bigger screen and fulfilled by amazon

/ Backup camera #7  
I would have to have more than just a passing need to spend that much $$$. The local JD dealer is supposedly a retail outlet.

/ Backup camera #8  
I have six years experience with backup cameras. My 2018 Ram Power Wagon has two. One - up high on the top of the cab - gives a view of bed of the truck. One integrated with the handle on the tailgate. It gives a view back down the road behind the truck.

The one up high always gives a clear view. If you are concerned about the bed of the truck.

The one on the tailgate can, quite easily, become obstructed. Five miles down a dusty road and all you see is the dust - covering and obstructing the lens.

I don't know what Ron plans to do with his tractor. If it will be something creating lots of dust - mount the camera portion up high. Perhaps getting it away from some of the dust.

/ Backup camera #9  
Ronsway, welcome to TBN. Lots of threads on this. Search for "Backup Camera"
Search results for query: backup camera

If your tractor is open-station, your big problems will be protecting the monitor from water damage and sun glare. I haven't looked into what's out there recently, so maybe a weather-proof monitor is now available.

If you have a cab, no problem. I've had a 7" monitor and rear-facing camera for my NX4510HC for many years. It's very helpful.

Last edited:
   / Backup camera #10  
No worry for the dust on the lens just get the wiper for
the Mercedes Benz head lite cleaner:unsure:

willy