Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR #1  

dvleemin

Hi,
I'm looking at either getting a Bad Boy CZT50 or a Ferris IS500 52.

I was wondering what people's thoughts are on which one to go with? I think the Bad Boy CZT is a bit heavier duty, however, I like the thought of the Ferris suspension.

What are other people's opinions?

Darryl

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR #2  
Right off not sure have seen either of these models. But did look at Ferris before I bought and now wish had their suspension system. Not sure of the details but Snapper dealer was telling me a while back either they have such or they own Ferris. Believe they own them. If so support should be very good. If memory is correct he said one advantage there was they did a lot of using standard parts keeping cost down and of course making finding parts better.

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR #3  
Actually "in 2004 Simplicity Manufacturing, along with it's subsidiaries, Ferris, Snapper and Giant-Vac were purchased by Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group."

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR #5  
Harry Gant is a former nascar driver. Go w/ the Ferris.

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR #6  
I have a Ferris with mucho hours on it. While the suspension is nice, I'm still putting a Michigan Suspension seat on it. I have no complaints on it as far as the cut, servicing, etc. I would purchase another one without hesitation.

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR #7  
I can't say I have ever seen much negative on either, except for a shot or two at the engine used on the BB sold at Tractor Supply.

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR
I have a Ferris with mucho hours on it. While the suspension is nice, I'm still putting a Michigan Suspension seat on it. I have no complaints on it as far as the cut, servicing, etc. I would purchase another one without hesitation.

What model of Ferris do you have?

/ Bad Boy or Ferris ZTR #10  
Ferris and Simplicity make several models (same plant makes both) and Simplicity models are Cobalt and CItation that are similar to the Ferris but $500-1000 less on average.

Ferris 500-1500 Series - 500 is the near commercial unit with B&S engine, and the 1500 ugrade is a better frame and Kawasaki engine option - Typical widths are 48 & 52"

Ferris 2000-3000-5000 Series- Each level here has similar suspension but heavier steel in each level and Kawasaki, B&S and CAT diesel engines - Typical widths are 52-60 & 72"

Depends on what you need/want, but with 0% financing spending $1500 more today will pay dividends long term.

I got the IS2000 52" 25HP Kawasaki as I wanted a long term machine that would last 20 yrs in non commercial use on rough terrain like my 1811 cub cadet has..

Suggest you look at each (at a dealer) and make your decision based on what fits your needs short and long term.

Carl