Bad Boy tractor

/ Bad Boy tractor #1  

schultz548

Tractor
Mahindra 3550PST Cab
Had to take my zero turn back to tractor dealer I bought it from. I see they are selling Bad Boy tractors now. Anybody know whose diesel engine they are using? Just curious.

/ Bad Boy tractor #2  
Had to take my zero turn back to tractor dealer I bought it from. I see they are selling Bad Boy tractors now. Anybody know whose diesel engine they are using? Just curious.

just did a little looking and found this:

/ Bad Boy tractor
just did a little looking and found this:

Thanks. Good information. But does this company actually build the engine?
Kindly like JD smaller tractors. They use a Yanmar engine and what I have read Yanmar actually builds the smaller tractor to JD specs.

/ Bad Boy tractor #4  
Thanks. Good information. But does this company actually build the engine?
Kindly like JD smaller tractors. They use a Yanmar engine and what I have read Yanmar actually builds the smaller tractor to JD specs.
Bad Boy tractors are re-branded Branson tractors. Branson is the brand name used by Kukje (engine manufacturer). TYM bought Kukje a few years ago. TYM is in the process of merging the product lines for TYM and Branson. (you will see TYM badging on newer Branson tractors)

The short answer is yes. The engines for Bad Boy Tractors are made by the same company that makes the tractors.

From the article above:

"Things To Know About The Kukje Machinery Company​

The Kukje Machinery company is owned by Tong Yang Moolsan (TYM). Situated in South Korea, this company was founded in 1968. We have found out that the United States customers generally know it as the mother company of the distributor Branson Tractors.

However, this Kukje Machinery company makes diesel engines, tractors, combined harvesters, and other agricultural tools. Tong Yang Moolsan (TYM) builds a lot of branded tractors. They made the Cabelas Tractors, which were seen in the market a few years ago.

Also, they make those tractors that Rural King is currently selling as the RK Tractors. Over the years, TYM has made Charger, Branson, Millennium, Montana, Century, and lots of other branded tractors. In addition, they were making a few of the Mahindra’s tractors for them for a brief time."

/ Bad Boy tractor #5  
On another forum they are batting the Bad Boy tractor thing around, mostly compared to JD. They don’t look bad but are they another flash in the pan. I think TYM makes a decent tractor but they keep trying to invent a new brand to increase dealer presence.

/ Bad Boy tractor #6  
My local Ls dealer started selling bad boys also about a year and a half ago , Seems to be selling them as soon as he gets them , They look nice but who knows, I think 35 hp is the biggest they make for now.

/ Bad Boy tractor #10  
My fear about buying a Bad Boy tractor is how long will the product be sold?
The major brands have been around a LONG time and aren't going anywhere soon.