Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,213  
Jim Have a unplanned trip to Albuquerque going to old town look for some Indian jewelry. spend the night then to Belen for a Mexican food lunch at the old rail road terminal.
Going down to Datil and coming out to Reserve stopping at Glenwood on the San Francisco river basin just before where the Blue river joins the Gila river.
So air up the tires on your old Dodge. throw the chickens out of the cab . and we can wash our feet at the old gold stamp mill and cat walk area.
Plan on being in the area for a few days.

is there still a restaurant at the Mogollon mining town? Most likely not but museum was good.

Leaving Early in the morning.
se'ya ken

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.
#1,214  
Jim Have a unplanned trip to Albuquerque going to old town look for some Indian jewelry. spend the night then to Belen for a Mexican food lunch at the old rail road terminal.
Going down to Datil and coming out to Reserve stopping at Glenwood on the San Francisco river basin just before where the Blue river joins the Gila river.
So air up the tires on your old Dodge. throw the chickens out of the cab . and we can wash our feet at the old gold stamp mill and cat walk area.
Plan on being in the area for a few days.

is there still a restaurant at the Mogollon mining town? Most likely not but museum was good.

Leaving Early in the morning.
se'ya ken

Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy yourselves & stay safe.
Would like to join you, but lucky ti get outside the gate.

A little later Will report on the stupidity of me on the last trip to town. Did not get what I went after & got lots of things I really didn't want or need.

More later,
Jim

#1,215  
Last post I said lucky to get outside the gate.
Actually I am lucky that I don't have to go out the gate very often.
Life here is almost as exciting as watching grass grow.
Not near as exciting as watching a submarine race.

Every place I have owned I have lost $$ on. Several of them I should have kept.
Brother In-law Was going to build an adobe submarine with screen doors. I was going to buy lots of beach furniture. CA was going to fall into the ocean, every body knew that. On 1 trip out there a small coyote was trapped in a tool shed. Brotherinlaw grabbed him just behind the ears & threw him out.
Mom had most of the coyotes named. Each coyote has a distinct voice or call. 1 Of them had a real strange voice. No way to explain it.

We had a 3,000 gallon tank delivered, it was just sitting on the ground when a wind storm blew it over & it started rolling towards her chicken coop. She was there alone. I could picture (In my mind.) her trying to stop the tank. It did roll away but the fence stopped it. More on Bowie if you ask nicely. :laughing::D

Were I really smart, I would make a list & give someone the $$$ to go do my shopping. Not enough $$ & really no one close that much likes going to town either.

Time to go beddie ByBy
More later,
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,216  
Hey Hermit, you need to cherish your shopping adventures!

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,218  
I've got a question for you old fellow! I was reading a wikipedia about Marty Robbins, one of my favorite country western singers of all time, it mentioned about his upbringing and listening to stories told by his maternal grandfather, Texas Bob Heckle, who was a local medicine man. I'm guessing this would have been back in the 30'w/40's. Would you happened to have heard of the old fellow Bob Heckle? Just curious as it was around Glendale, a suburb of Phoenix in Maricopa County, Arizona. His mother was mostly of Paiute Indian heritage (did not know this). Heck, you might some injun in you too. Just wondering about the history and maybe you know of this one. Here is the article.

Marty Robbins - Wikipedia

Biography

Robbins was born in Glendale, a suburb of Phoenix in Maricopa County, Arizona. His mother was mostly of Paiute Indian heritage.[5] Robbins was reared in a difficult family situation. His father took odd jobs to support the family of 10 children, but his drinking led to divorce in 1937. Among his warmer memories of his childhood, Robbins recalled having listened to stories of the American West told by his maternal grandfather, Texas Bob Heckle, who was a local medicine man.[6] Robbins left the troubled home at 17 to serve in the United States Navy as an LCT coxswain during World War II. He was stationed in the Solomon Islands in the Pacific Ocean. To pass the time during the war, he learned to play the guitar, started writing songs,[7] and came to love Hawaiian music.

After his discharge from the military in 1947, he began to play at local venues in Phoenix,[7] then moved on to host his own show on KTYL and then his own television show on KPHO-TV in Phoenix. After Little Jimmy Dickens made a guest appearance on Robbins' TV show, Dickens got Robbins a record deal with Columbia Records. Robbins became known for his appearances at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee. In 1980, he appeared on the PBS music program Austin City Limits during Season 5.

In addition to his recordings and performances, Robbins was an avid race car driver, competing in 35 career NASCAR Grand National (now Sprint Cup) races with six top-10 finishes,[8] including the 1973 Firecracker 400.[9] In 1967, Robbins played himself in the car racing film **** on Wheels.[10] Robbins was partial to Dodges prepared by NASCAR Hall-of-Famer Cotton Owens, and owned and raced Chargers and then a 1978 Dodge Magnum. He was also the driver of the 60th Indianapolis 500 Buick Century pace car in 1976. His last race was in a Junior Johnson-built 1982 Buick Regal in the Atlanta Journal 500 on November 7, 1982, a month before his death."

Good music on youtube Marty Robbins - El Paso {Live @ G.O.O.} - YouTube

#1,219  
Up down & side to side!!
At least today was not a total waste.
Am I a Farmer now???
Managed to get my 3 little tomato plants in pot. Even gave them some water. It did prove 1 thing. Unless something is wet it is hard to get wet. Will play with them some more tomorrow. Scrounge up some more buckets & such will plant some seeds in them. Think it is too late to do a real garden & the problems that goes with it. Forgot corn seeds, need to get some some where. Maybe get some Indian corn. It has to be ordered on line. (Amazon??) Am serious about getting some goats, chickens & guinea hens. Hope to do that next spring along with some fruit trees.

As I went out today, Larry was coming out of his drive, On the way to Dave's funeral. Yes I should go, Since these things never start on time went on to store, stop on way back. Not too many people there, sure glad I did stop. Best & most unusual funeral I have ever went to. More of a celebration of life than morning the dead. I really did like Dave, a real good person & somewhat unusual as well. Spent a fair amount of time talking to Dave's son, (Rudy), he plans to live there for a while at least.

Normal how things went this AM.
Found 3 planter buckets, 1 from out by the garden spot, cause I could not see the bucket out where I was to fill them. Other bucket was there, just hiding from me. Now I need a shovel. Not near the dirt?? Get one from back of truck. Spare tire on it, pain to get out. Have shovel by burn barrel, nope not there. Get shovel from in front of the house. ( More walking, legs & back screaming the whole time.) Shovel has fiber glass handle, yep sun has ate into it. (Gloves who needs them.) Well I did, handle put 100's of tiny stickers in my hands. That is not real fun. & more normal around here. dish of fake butter, yep fake butter can & does mold.

Going to make a stew (SOB TYPE, some what like that was made at grandads birthday parties.). Small roast, pork chop & some cheap steak. Plus carrots, potatoes, celery & most anything else that is just resting.:laughing:

Life goes on & is just too much FUN,
More later,
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #1,220  
There is a mail order place in California that my daughter in law uses. They sell heirloom seeds, all organic. After I talk to her today I will get the name and hopefully a link and will post it here.