BAD DAY-GOOD DAY

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #11  
Install a locked door, mail slot mailbox - doesn't have to be fancy - that should slow things down. If they break in, it's actually a felony. That should put the kabash on her probably less than honorable actions.

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #12  
Sunday was a good day. My wife cares for her 99 year old Mother, so hasn't been able to get out to our new property much to share in the fun of the work. So, a few weeks ago, we built a wheelchair ramp onto my daughter's deck (next door to our property), and this was the first time we tried it out. We wheeled Mom up onto the deck where she could sit in the shade and breeze, and my wife and I headed over to our 5 acres to do some pruning.

Since all the tools were in the bucket, and one of us had to walk, I told Betsy to climb on the tractor. After a bit of reluctance (first time!), she climbed on. "Push the orange lever to 'L'". "Now, tap the brake to release it." "Now push the throttle until the tach reads about 1500". "Now, press the treadle pedal forward to go forward, release it to stop, and backwards to go backwards. That's all there is to it."

After about 200 feet, with me walking beside her, I hear, "Can't it go faster?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We got a lot done, working together at our future new home for the first time. That was a very good day! Should be lots more in the future, now that her Mother can be comfortable.

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #13  
I get enough small packages/catalogs that won't fit in the slotted type. Besides, the carrier said if I did, he'd have to leave the mail at the post office. The speed limit here is 55 and he hates to even pull over to deliver it the way it is. I have made a complaint with the Post Office, who listed it as mail fraud. They supposedly have stopped her mail from being delivered here at all. I'm taping the road/mailbox everyday and they seemed to have stopped for the last 5 days.

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #14  
<font color="blue"> We have recieved a lot of recent mail for her, such as a voter registration confirmation </font>

Jerry,

I'm not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV), but I'd think that misrepresenting your address for something like voting would likely be a violation of at least one if not more than one law. It would seem that it might be a federal violation. Just something to consider pursuing. Here's hoping your days get better. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY
i started this thread, when i was thinking what a great day i had, with nothing being special, just wanted to see what u guys thought and u did not disapoint me. seems like the most important things are the little things I.E. mossroads day.glad to know such fine folks..

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #16  
<font color="blue"> glad to know such fine folks.. </font>

Me too, Frank /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #17  
Every day is a good day. If you let it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Got up, made pot of coffee, took the old coffee grounds out and fed them to the worms. Got the wife a "can o worms" for her birthday. Still not sure if she appreciates the humor. Worms love the coffee grounds, filter and all. Wife says all that caffein will make them hyper. Dunno. They don't seem to mind it. They happily chow it down.

Will probably practice my box work again today. Been trying to level a 50x100 area lately. I go out every day or two and make small adjustments. Not sure if I am making it better or worse but at least it gives me an excuse to drive the tractor.

All in all - I predict a good day.

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #18  
<font color="red"> Wife says all that caffein will make them hyper. Dunno. </font>

Hyper worms??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hyper worms??? )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifHmmmm.......

Maybe we should ask Mrwurm!? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ BAD DAY-GOOD DAY
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Maybe we should ask Mrwurm!? )</font>

GOD THAT IS A TERRIBLE PUN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif funny thing i was thinking the same thing /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif we are all demented /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif