Bad Domino Effect..

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #1  

rockinbbar

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 120, Powerstar 75, New Holland c245
I have a 6075 with just over 1000 hours on it.

Was running my 12' cutter, and without warning POP! Coolant was pouring out... Tractor wasn't hot, just normal operating temp.

I get out after shutting the PTO down, and look in the hood, fan is wobbling as the bearing on the water pump/fan is completely out. Before I can turn the tractor off, the fan clatters too...Belt is shelled off, maybe broken.

Unhooked everything and took it to dealer.

After it was looked at closer, the fan needed replacement as well, as does the radiator. Guess when the bearing went out, it pulled the fan into the radiator for further self destruction.

I'm expecting a pretty good bill for this one...

:(

0GkP5AG.jpg

XrnHcNo.jpg

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #2  
Man that stinks !! I hope you get it straight. sad it happened at 1000 hrs.

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #3  
I have a habit of checking the fan on every tractor that I get close to. I've caught a few where there was excessive play. Most just start leaking before they get to where they damage the rad.

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #4  
I have a habit of checking the fan on every tractor that I get close to. I've caught a few where there was excessive play. Most just start leaking before they get to where they damage the rad.
Same here. That simple practice saved me from ruining the radiator on a Kubota B7000 I had. While it didn't have a water pump, the fan mounted on the dynamo and the bearing were about to let go.

Even though the tractors might be new, it's always a good practice to lift the hood and give it a good once over. Grab and shake things. Check for leaks, etc.

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #5  
Only 1000 hours :oops: not sure how the AC setup but I would keep an eye on that.

/ Bad Domino Effect..
Only 1000 hours :oops: not sure how the AC setup but I would keep an eye on that.

They had all the new stuff put on when I saw it last, and everything seems okay. But then so did the fan/water pump bearing. It went all at once. Usually these some wobble or rattle. Not this time... Service mgr. told me with newer parts being plastic (Like the fan itself) it's lightweight, so it won't rattle like heavier metal fans. Who knows. Hope the new bearings last more than 1000 hours.

/ Bad Domino Effect..
This actually gets much more and progressively worse!

The actual radiator is bolted to the turbo intercooler. All that's damaged is the radiator. Intercooler is fine.

So my service mgr. ordered just the radiator. Doesn't fit. No even close with the needed outlets and inlets size, and brackets to attach the intercoooler...

Mahindra says now that it is only avl. as an "assembly".... which means you buy the intercooler too.

Price of that part? $2300. o_O

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #8  
Oof that's bad. I wonder if there's a radiator shop that can source you something the right size?

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #9  
I'd have a few choice words for the dealer/manufacturer if this was my tractor. Not at all what is expected. Obviously the parts where substandard or the assembly was incorrect to begin with.

/ Bad Domino Effect.. #10  
This actually gets much more and progressively worse!

The actual radiator is bolted to the turbo intercooler. All that's damaged is the radiator. Intercooler is fine.

So my service mgr. ordered just the radiator. Doesn't fit. No even close with the needed outlets and inlets size, and brackets to attach the intercoooler...

Mahindra says now that it is only avl. as an "assembly".... which means you buy the intercooler too.

Price of that part? $2300. o_O
I would be looking for a rad shop that can build you a radiator. Your present rad is probably with plastic tanks so not rebuildable. You should be able to get one built for a lot less than $2300.

Another idea. Get the part number and Google it. You might be able to find something more reasonable online.