Bad Noise Coming From Near Right Rear Wheel

/ Bad Noise Coming From Near Right Rear Wheel #11  
Accoring to the Century Owners Manual for the C38 (this manual is almost identical to the 3035 manual) the torque on the Wheel to axle bolts is 130 Ft. Lbs. and the Dish to Rim is 180 Ft. Lbs.

/ Bad Noise Coming From Near Right Rear Wheel #12  
Hey DigDug, How did you make out with this? I have a c35, C50HL Loader, C76 Hoe, 30 light hours on it. I have just reported the same thing on my left rear. I am VERY curious to hear what the outcome is!

Thanks

/ Bad Noise Coming From Near Right Rear Wheel
Tractorsearch,
Well unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer for you. My day job has been taking away from my tractoring this summer and I don't have a lot of seat time.

What I can tell you is this: I loosened up all of the rim bolts to the point where the rim was loose and could be wiggled. I then tried to center the spokes (equal clearance between rim and spokes all the way around). Then I re tightened the bolts. Now I do not have an impact wrench or a torque wrench so I have NO idea what torque I applied to the bolts. I used a 1/2 inch breaker bar and a 4 foot extension to apply the force. I applied all of my 180 lbs to a point approx. 2 foot out from the nut (which from my college physics days should be like 360 ft-lbs??). I then fired er up and the noise was worse! I cranked down on the nuts with more force (3 feet from nut) and the noise was less but still there.

What I concluded from this was I was in the right place but for some reason couldn't get the rim to seat properly or couldn't get the right amount of force.

Bottom line is that the dealer won't see it for a suspected problem and cover it under warranty unless he finds a broken part. So I guess I am going to drive it until something breaks or I have the time to take it apart and use a torque wrench or impact wrench on it.

Sorry that is not more definitive but that is where I am at. Good luck with yours and keep me posted!

/ Bad Noise Coming From Near Right Rear Wheel #14  
You can add my Branson 4520 to the group that is making a "ping" some where in or by the rear end. It started while doing some heavy loader work at about 40 hours. It does one ping when the direction is reversed and loaded heavy enough. As long you keep going in the same direction it won't ping again. If you ping going forward, back up lightly then do some heavy pushing forward it won't ping again. Drives me nuts!!! My old Ford E350 van makes a very similar sound and it turned out to be a very slightly worn rear u-joint that would vibrate the drive shaft when I changed direction with it loaded. 20,000 or so miles later it still does it with no signs of getting worse or more play in the u-joint. I hope it works out the same with my Branson. My torque wrench stops at 100 lbs/ft and all the bolts on the wheels are still tighter than that. I'm going to get a bigger torque wrench and see if that makes a change.

/ Bad Noise Coming From Near Right Rear Wheel #15  
Do you have a one or two piece wheel, if it is a two piece wheel it is very possible that the bolts are to small letting the wheel and rim move just a little.