Bad Oil New Tractor

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #131  
that's the part we all don't understand..

soundguy

It's perfectly understandable. Another example of the same lack of personal responsibility that is all-to-pervasive in the society in which we live. All to few of us have the capability to man up, swallow hard and deal with the screw-ups we create all on our own.

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #132  
Looks like BTB did not like what we had too say and bolted looking for someone else to agree with him.

Chris

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #133  
Looks like BTB did not like what we had too say and bolted looking for someone else to agree with him.

Chris
Are we supposed to say what the guy wants to hear? That would be wrong.

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #134  
What I can't understand is that this thread has gone on for 14 pages Wow. The obvious was obvious from the start. Dude . You screwed up. We all have and we have all paid dearly sometimes. Your turn this time.:(:D

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #135  
It's perfectly understandable. Another example of the same lack of personal responsibility that is all-to-pervasive in the society in which we live. All to few of us have the capability to man up, swallow hard and deal with the screw-ups we create all on our own.

I just wish my local NH dealer would man up and own up to their mistake:mad: I am still paying for my 7710 because I was raised to honor my agreements and CNH has upheld their end of their loan so I have upheld mine on a tractor I can't even use thanks to my local dealer.

It really isn't that hard to own up to your own mistakes. I have and will continue to do so. If I quote someone a price too low I eat the cost. Heck, today I shorted my worker $16 by accident. As soon as I realized it I called him to inform him just so he knew I didn't do it on purpose and will add it to his next payment.

I don't like people who won't own up to their own mistakes but I really dislike people who try to convince others to act like them. When I fell off the roof by being stupid and doing something I knew better then to do I was harassed by two different lawyers about suing when I called them about a completely unrelated matter. Then I had two acquaintances tell me I need to sue because I fell. I asked them why since it was my own fault and they replied "because I have to live the rest of my life like this". Exactly, I messed up and will have to live with it. The insurance company has upheld their end and have treated me great so why sue? Because I screwed up? I could never live with myself if I got that low as to try and force others to pay for my mistakes.:(

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #136  
I just wish my local NH dealer would man up and own up to their mistake:mad: I am still paying for my 7710 because I was raised to honor my agreements and CNH has upheld their end of their loan so I have upheld mine on a tractor I can't even use thanks to my local dealer.

Still not sold Robert??

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #137  
   / Bad Oil New Tractor #138  
I could never live with myself if I got that low as to try and force others to pay for my mistakes.:(

Good Evenin Robert,
Well stated, and my sentiments exactly ! ;)

Of course if that mentality permeated our society, that would be the death of many a greedy lawyer ! :rolleyes: Oh darn !

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #139  
I've just stumbled accross this thread, and read it for the first time. We all have our opinions, and maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but I don't have enough self control.

When did we turn into this nation of "not my faults"? It seems to be increasing at a faster and faster pace. SUE, SUE, SUE, it's not my fault! Somebody else did it! All I did was drink water I poured in my glass and was strangled. I could have died! My lawyer should be able to get me a bizillion dollars. There was no warning on the spigot, and the mouth of the glass should have been smaller. The county water department won't return my phone calls, Delta faucet says that are not responsible, and the grape jelly company says their glasses are not to be used to drink from. (But there was no label on the glass).

Yeah, I feel sorry for BtB too. Really I do. But...

I was taught to take responsibilty for my actions. If I run into your car, and it was my fault I will pay to have it fixed. (Or the insurance company I pay my premiums to will). If you run into mine, and it's your fault, I expect you to pay. It seems simple. Maybe I'm just too stupid to see clearly.

Since I am in a profession that is directly related to Motorcraft oil, I have to say a few things. Ford or anyone else cannot force you to use their products (as said before, unless they provide it free of charge). But, they do have to meet OEM spec. I've seen more than one 6.0 Ford diesel have fuel injector concerns because of running some oil other than one that meets the new CJ specs.

Manufacturers may use the very same companies to produce their oils, but they are made the OEM specs. Years ago, Texaco made the oil for Ford. Fords oil was very different from normal Texaco. Ford switched to Conoco, but gues what? Ford required the very same specs. The end result was the very same oil. Doesn't really matter who makes it but HOW it's made.

Doesn't it make sense that the manufacturer would have developed the very best product possible to get the best service and perfomance from their own equipment? They designed the engine and should know better than anyone else what is needed for it.

Advertising and labeling is just a way to get you to buy a product. Would you buy Jen Li's fish oil if the container stated it might screw up your tractor if you poured it in it? Would you buy it, if it stated it was the best lube in the world, unsurpassed by any other and meets or exceeds all manufactures specs, and sells for 25 cents a gallon? Buyer beware.

And Lastly, Even though Elm City High school was our biggest rival in sports. The education that I received at Saratog Central in Saratoga NC taught me some of the same math and values that Bill in NC was taught. We were taught some down home eastern NC "uncommon" sense. ( cause it ain't as common as it used to be)

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #140  
entitlement mentality.. and as rick said.. no sense of personal responsibility.. ( coupled with lack of common sense.. If I poured a wrong looking oil into one of my babies.. i'd drain it right out and flush it.... I'll be darned if a 50$ pail of oil is going to ruin my multi-thousand dollar tractor.. even if i have to eat the 50$..

soundguy