Bait and Switch?

/ Bait and Switch? #1  

cms323

I got this quote from a Kubota dealer in NE Pennsylvania. He said "since the Bush Hog is not a Kubota product, we need to make the invoice out as such... because it could not be part of the 0% down, 0% APR." After speaking with him again.... after final approval with Kubota, he said that I would need 10% down and the Bush Hog was a "misunderstanding", I would need to come out of pocket to pay for it. What are your thoughts? I really don't trust this guy at this point, but need the machine ASAP.

Attachments

• tmp2D4.jpg
    tmp2D4.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 534
   / Bait and Switch? #2  
Stands to reason, why would Kubota finance another firms sales?
Ford won't finance GM sales.
Perhaps if it were a Kubota rotary cutter they would do so, but then maybe the dealer feels the Bush Hog is a better and/or more popular product hence what he stocks.

/ Bait and Switch? #3  
It sounds like he made an honest mistake. A Landpride attachment would qualify for the 0% so maybe that is an option?

/ Bait and Switch? #4  
Like Evil says........ my understanding is Kubota will finance a LandPride brush mower as the two companies have a mutual agreement. As far as I know, Kubota will not finance any other manufacturers implement, leaving you to either pay on delivery or perhaps finance through your local bank (or other institution).

/ Bait and Switch?
maybe I misquoted........ Why gig he write "I will pay for"... if he didn't mean that? Messick's it is.... I guess.

/ Bait and Switch? #6  
That is confusing. He says "I pay for" but that could mean the I is really YOU. The 150 bones for "filing fee" sounds like a rip though.

/ Bait and Switch? #7  
Interesting quote. At first blush i agreed with the other posters , that Kubota wont finance a BH. But reading the quote again, its sounds like the dealer was including the BH free?

Its a little ambigous the way its put ie: "I pay for".. But my interpretation is the "I " is the dealer not the customer. So id be a little ticked.

I would have wanted that clarified when the quote was written. As in "dealer pays for Bush Hog"

Can you force the dealer to honour that quote and include the BH.. I dont know.. Got any lawyer friends?

/ Bait and Switch? #8  
i called same dealer last november for plow for my tractor, on web site it said one price icalled to say i would pick it up next day, since no one arond me had one. jacked price up 60.00, lucky for me one more call to a place alot closer had one,

/ Bait and Switch? #9  
I look at it this way. If 'I pay for' means 'dealer pays for' Bush Hog, then they are just sticking it to you on the price of everything else to make up for the $1400 (or whatever the exact cost was). I think at this point I'd get another quote or two from competing dealers to keep them all honest.

/ Bait and Switch? #10  
maybe I misquoted........ Why gig he write "I will pay for"... if he didn't mean that? Messick's it is.... I guess.

Oh that would be ashame. :)

Kubota will only finance Kubota/Landpride products. With some creative juggling of the numbers, there is no reason we can't slide that mower into the deal under the 0% program. There are limits to how much accessory equipment can be included, but in this case it does not look like it should be a problem. It looks to me like they are expecting you to come up with cash to pay for the mower.