Bale Bandit

/ Bale Bandit #21  
Mike:

I think I have said this at least one hundred times......... IF MAKING HAY WAS EASY, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT. IT ISN'T!!!!!!

/ Bale Bandit #22  
<font color="blue"> IF MAKING HAY WAS EASY, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT. </font>
Sometimes (all the time?), buying it is hard work, too! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bale Bandit #23  
I think long before George Dubya starts in on ya, some of our mexican TBN member's might have sumpin to say though. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Bale Bandit #24  
Hey Woodbeef,
Where did you get info. on Krone coming out with a small square baler that packages. I can't find anything on their USA website.
I'd sure like to have one available here.

dancce

/ Bale Bandit #25  
I would rather buy it out of the barn then have to be the one worrying about cutting it,raking it bailing it and putting it in the barn and not getting it wet and have equipment break downs and worrying about if the help was going to show up or not.

/ Bale Bandit #26  
Dap:

Migrant workers are probably making out better than the average American Worker (non-seasonal). You have to provide housing, a good wage, health care, etc. Very costly. That's why hand picked crops like asparagus are so expensive.

/ Bale Bandit #27  
Hey Dan,

It's brand new,a friend from NZ told me about them. They just had the first showing back at Agritechnica. They call it the Big Pack 1270 Multi-Bale. I found it on the main Krone site from Germany,and ordered some brochures for it. The website is a little cryptic for info,but maybe you can decipher it better than I could. A PDF brochure download is also there,but I'm on very slow dial-up!! www.krone.de/en/ldm/pi/index.html

The width looks adjustable,but the length looks longer than normal over here for small squares.

/ Bale Bandit #28  
Daryl, I cant disagree with that. However, limiting the makeup of the migrant working population to the Mexican race would be disconcerting to certain individuals methinks.

Only a short 65 years ago, the "migrant workers" were US citizens, mostly caucasians.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Bale Bandit #29  
Hey Woodbeef,
Very interesting--they are obviously not offering this here in the US yet--as my Krone rep. has not mentioned it.
I could not get the PDF file to come up either.
This looks like an add-on to the BigPack large square baler, which by nature is pretty expensive. It's a heck of a good concept, though. If I was still doing custom baling on the scale of a few years ago (before I lost my head and got into selling iron), I would be taking a hard look at it. I'm sure it will be available in the US before long.

dancce

/ Bale Bandit #30  
I got it to work... Very interesting!! Would be the best of both worlds I think.

** disclaimer ** I know nothing about hay equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif