baler,swather, rake, seeder combo help

/ baler,swather, rake, seeder combo help #1  

KFhunter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800
I want to discuss these items before I go look at a farm selling off, he won't seperate them so it's a package deal.
Thing is the package pretty well rounds out all the holes I have for haying.

So far this is the only information I have, I intend to go look at it all and take my own pictures.
These pictures I pasted are pulled off Google images, just to get an idea...

Case IH 8555 baler with new knotters and several wear parts replaced
I've never used an inline before, but after reading up on it I think it'll be ideal as I recall years ago farming this place we had really thick windrows then really sparse windrows in the same cutting.
It's just about impossible to get a consistent windrow without a ton of raking. I plan on doing mostly horse hay orchard/grass but I'll have spots with oats and alfalfa too.
Case-8555-Baler-300x225.jpg

1340 twelve foot hydro swing mower conditioner
I've only used the old style sickle cut never a drum style and I'm nervous about rocks! How do the drum style handle rocks and gopher mounds? I don't want a rock to take my head off, should I bolt a piece of ply-wood to my ROPS?
:laughing:
I don't have a ton of rocks, but being river bottom it has a few spots with small to cantelope sized round river rocks. Normally I can pick up the implements and miss most of it, but you know how you miss a few here and there......
I love the idea of easy to replace cutters, those sickle styles were a pain in the rear, I riveted on a ton of knives and guards and that's no fun.

Also, how are these on hay that's lay'd down? Had that problem before where the old sickle swather wouldn't pick it up very well (plug up) then the baler played heck trying to feed long stems and stop it from picking up.
Now I'm thinking it's too much for my tractor to handle 4x4 M6800 Kubota

G5108.JPG

2013 sitrex belt rake bought new last year
Assuming it's the smaller version, how do these work on less than perfect ground with gopher mounds and such?
38_FU_16_FU_410_FU_gs190.jpg

12 foot JD seeder with legume box, excellent condition
don't know the year or model

I know it's tough to put a value on this with limited information....but any idea what a package value could be worth assuming everything is field ready?

Last edited:
   / baler,swather, rake, seeder combo help #2  
Disc mower conditioner is definitely too big for your tractor, baler probably is. Sitrex rake is probably too small for the disc moco. 12 foot JD 'seeder' with grass box could be a 60 year old VanBrunt drill or a nice 8300. It's impossible for anyone to give meaningful values on 4 pieces given 3 photos. You can look at for sale ads in TractorHouse, IronSearch, Fastline and other ag marketplaces for comparables AFTER you inspect the machines you are being offered.

/ baler,swather, rake, seeder combo help
Thanks for the reply RickB

If the discbine is "no way no how" not gonna work then no since pursuing this.

/ baler,swather, rake, seeder combo help #4  
I agree with Rick about the cutter being too big for a M6800. I think your tractor could handle the baler.