Ball hitch for tractor.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #61  
Saw this on the internet. Going down hill w/o locking the GN hitch.

View attachment 490444

Hope this wasn't a TBN member.

I move my GN around frequently without locking the hitch. It's very easy to see what he did wrong if you study the pic. Beyond locking the hitch I mean. :)

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #62  
I move my GN around frequently without locking the hitch. It's very easy to see what he did wrong if you study the pic. Beyond locking the hitch I mean. :)
What did he do? The only thing I see in the photo is he may have lowered the 3-point clear out from under the trailer.

And with no tire tracks in the grass I wonder if the photo actually shows he backed into the trailer.

???

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #64  
What did he do? The only thing I see in the photo is he may have lowered the 3-point clear out from under the trailer.

And with no tire tracks in the grass I wonder if the photo actually shows he backed into the trailer.

???

He has his top link too short which leans the ball forward. The trailer hitch simply "slid" up the back side of the ball.

If on uneven ground I pay very close attention to that detail and adjust my top link accordingly.

Wouldn't that suck. He tore the crap out of that tractor. That would ruin your whole week.....

EDIT: Read the thread. My bad. His accident was even more his fault than I explained. I hate when I make "Stupid Human" mistakes like that!!!!!! :(

/ Ball hitch for tractor.
Tractor looked brand new too.

Bottom line is, you have to think about this stuff. Unloaded trailer, in and out of the shed on flat ground I'm fine without a check chain. If loaded, rough ground or a grade, I'm locking everything down and checking it twice. Out of control a 9000 pound trailer can cause some real problems for a 5000 pound tractor and its meat servo.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #66  
Drawbar 3.jpgDrawbar lock2.jpg
Poor man with no welder fix. NH 3930.

/ Ball hitch for tractor.
Nice!

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #69  
What is the purpose for the rebar?

Keeps the ball vertical. Keeps it from flopping back and forth in the coupler with pulling and braking.

Bruce