Ball park figure on long distance shipping?

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I'm looking at a couple of Kubota M7040 tractors and may possibly buy one of them sight unseen. They are both around 350 miles away. I've tried plugging in the numbers at FR8STAR but I can't get a confirmation email in order to get the estimate.

I have a truck and trailer capable of handling the load but it would cost me two days off work and I'd rather not make that trip.

So does anyone have a rough idea of what it would cost to ship an approx 5,500 pound tractor around 350 miles?

Thanks for any input.

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #2  
I would figure $6-7/mile

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #3  
I'm looking at a couple of Kubota M7040 tractors and may possibly buy one of them sight unseen. They are both around 350 miles away. I've tried plugging in the numbers at FR8STAR but I can't get a confirmation email in order to get the estimate.

I have a truck and trailer capable of handling the load but it would cost me two days off work and I'd rather not make that trip.

So does anyone have a rough idea of what it would cost to ship an approx 5,500 pound tractor around 350 miles?

Thanks for any input.
Do you have anyway of getting someone local to do a inspection of the tractor? I bought a truck one time sight unseen and got burned. I would take the time off and get it yourself so you can check it out.

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #4  
$2000 or better

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #5  
Last year when fuel was $2.99 I paid $1500 to have a dump truck hauled 850 miles. I just recently paid $175 an hour to a semi to haul a 50,000 pound excavator.

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #6  
With fuel $ and the fact that you haven't been able to see them in person, it'll be cheaper in the long run to do it yourself. That way you kick the tires and do look over. Only way to do without in person, you'd need to contract someone to do hands on and then costs continue to rise. Your money and chance to take without doing yourself. JM2C

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping?
Thanks guys. Good thoughts all the way around.

I am very hesitant to buy a tractor without seeing it. But in the current climate if you want a 70+ hp, pre-emissions MFWD tractor/loader in decent condition not only will you pay top dollar you also have to move fast. One of these machines is what I consider to be fairly priced and it is not going to be there long. It is a good $3000 dollars less than the same model I looked at locally that had fewer hours but was in much worse condition...and sold in a matter of weeks.

So when I'm doing the math I have to consider:

1. The good price on this machine.
2. At least one and probably two days of lost wages if I pick it up.
3. My own gas expenses.
4. The cost of a night in a hotel.
5. And if it turns out to be not worth buying then all the cost and time lost for nothing.
6. If I ship it here and it turns out not to be a good tractor I could still probably sell it with minimal loss.

Of course #5 and #6 are pure speculation but still figure into the what-ifs.

If shipping was less than $2000 I might consider it.

Anyway, I'm not usually a risk taker and I probably won't bite on this one way or another. I've informally offered $1000 less than they are asking and requested additional pictures. We'll see.

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #8  
I have been looking that size too and I am seeing from some of the rare dealership sites that actually post a price that new can be had for $1000-2000 over used and even some that new is less than used.

Expanded my search to Case, NH, TYM, LS, Massey, McCormick.

/ Ball park figure on long distance shipping? #10  
Call a local brokerage company. Anything else is just guessing. Cornerstone Systems is one I've used before.