Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 20S HST
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a Ballast Box for my Emax20S HST. It has the cat 1 N 3PH
Thank You,
Rick

/ Ballast Box #2  
Check Amazon. I bought a Titan box last year for around $300. It’s what it is for quality. The top link pin ears were welded skewed but I can hookup ok. It definitely takes the weight as I filled up with steel.

I’ve added QH and hydraulic top link since this pic - and grooved my R4’s.

1D006413-0E66-41E7-A14E-E0F7E8F353DA.jpeg

/ Ballast Box
Pokey1416,
I checked out Amazon earlier however, I was concerned that it didn’t mention limited cat 1 or cat 1 n.
do you think it will connect up ok?

not looking for you to make my decision, just your opinion…

Thanks,
Rick

/ Ballast Box #4  
Rick I’m not familiar with the “n” designation. I’ve only dealt with CAT 1, CAT 2, and CAT 3.

/ Ballast Box #5  
My Titan box was not QH compatible. The top link needed to be lowered and moved forward. I drilled holes in a QH adapter bracket (for brush mower) and used it to relocate top link pin
20200304_130040.jpg

A parking stand prevents knocking it over when reconnecting
20200705_134456.jpg

/ Ballast Box #6  
I bought a cheap one on Amazon too. It said Cat 1 but came with cat 0 pins. Whatever, it works just fine on my max. I put washers on the ends with the cotter pins (lynch pins didn’t fit🤪)

/ Ballast Box
Pokey1416

limited or N (narrow) cat 1 hitch is the same:

This indicates that the hitch is lower to the ground and may not lift as high or open as wide as standard full-size category 1 hitches

Rick

/ Ballast Box
I thinking about going with the Heavy Hitch Suitcase weight Receiver…
How do you determine the necessary amount of weight needed when using the FEL?

Mahindra Emax20S HST sub Compact Tractor.

Thank You, and Merry Christmas everyone
Rick

/ Ballast Box #9  
You’ll need to do a bit of math, but assume 40% of your weight on the front and 60% on the back. Generally, loaded tires/wheel weights and a ballast box or heavy implement are enough.

/ Ballast Box #10  
You’ll need to do a bit of math, but assume 40% of your weight on the front and 60% on the back. Generally, loaded tires/wheel weights and a ballast box or heavy implement are enough.
Correct. When I had the eMax25 I made a box that held 300lbs of lead blocks. That with filled tires was great.

The new to me Max26 has a backhoe. There's my ballast. The previous owner filled the tires but I'm considering draining them.