Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower

/ Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower
wow monster 430.:D

Well the deal i found has now gone, it was 1400 for a complete setup lift cyl, driveshaft quick hitch etc. And since i have owned my 755 i have never seen parts for sale other than the MMM.

That's the other lesson I've learned... when you do see something come up and you've been wanting it, you have to jump on it immediately or it's gone. I drove 400 miles round trip to get this blower. The farthest I've ever traveled for a piece of equipment was from NW Missouri to Ypsilanti, MI... that was the closest 70A loader I'd seen for a reasonable price in over a year of looking.

/ Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower #12  
i did find a 59 forsale not to far from me, but im going to assume it will be to big for me, do you think id be able to compensate with a lower speed?

I don't think you'd be happy with it in the long run. Deere only intended the 59 to be use on the 855 and 955 of the x55 series tractors. I don't think the 755 would be too happy with 59... just not enough PTO horsepower IMO. I actually see more 47's come up around here than I do 59's. If the deal is ok, you could always try it and see and if it was just too much blower for the 755, you could always resell it... but then you have your $$$ tied up in it until you can sell it. If it were me, I would not attempt it and hold out for the 47.

On second thought... I did a little more looking into the 47" blower and both the 47 and the 59 have a 16" diameter impeller and 16" diameter auger. Looks like the only major difference is the 59 is a foot wider and and 50lbs. heavier. Not sure how the 755 would handle the 59, but perhaps it would work by just slowing down a little on travel speed. Since the 755 uses smaller front tires than the 955, everything would be closer to the ground, so you wouldn't be able to lift the blower as high off the ground. I don't know how much total lift you'd get, but it may be enough. If you decided to give it a try, let us know how it turns out.

If it doesn't work out, you could cut down each of the auger shafts 6" and narrow the housing to make it a 47... but that sounds like a fair amount of work.

/ Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower #15  
I would not expect the lift height to be an issue since the 59 was also used with the 855 which has the same size tires as the 755. It would be interesting to see how the lower PTO hp 755 handles a 59.

Attachments

• Blower.jpg
    Blower.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 264
   / Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower #16  
My 955 has turf tires, no liquid. I built a 3pt weight made from cement to balance out the weight of the 59" blower. No pics currently, I can get a couple if your interested.

I did put the Deere remote spout control on this year, what little I've used the blower, its worked great.

Ed

Attachments

• blower2.JPG
    blower2.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 292
  • blower3.JPG
    blower3.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 2,217
  • blower1.JPG
    blower1.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 243
   / Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower #17  
Dont mean to throw the thread off hope you dont mind Mechanos but us X55's have to stay close haha.

I have also been sitting and watching another add since December its a Gearbox, driveshaft, front bumper/hitch and hydraulics for a 755 as the gearbox s/n says. It is 20 hours away I am thinking of getting it shipped.

If i was to purchase this would i be better off as then i can get any 47" blower even another brand to make it work?

OR should i just hold off and wait for the 47.

/ Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower #18  
Just what is a good deal? I believe the answer to that question is different for everyone. It depends on the condition of the equipment, the availability of the equipment in your area (number of units and frequency that they come up for sale), and the popularity of the equipment when it does come up for sale. I've seen pristine 59's for sale for $5000 (I would consider this unit pristine... extremely low hours), used but not beaten units for $2500 to $3500, and well used to beaten units from $1500 on down depending on condition... and sometimes, that is for the blower itself not including the quick hitch and driveshaft. The price for the quick hitch and driveshaft for my 955 from JD is ~$1300... used is considerably less but a rare find. Those are the going rates in my area... and stuff for 955's doesn't come up all that often.

Let's just say that I paid in the "well used to beaten" range for a pristine blower with the quick hitch and driveshaft... complete setup. For me, that was a honey of a deal. Here are a few pics of the 59 mounted on my "430" :laughing:

View attachment 306596 View attachment 306597 View attachment 306598 View attachment 306599

I really like the setup you have now. Pretty much how I wish my 855 were set up.

I see them occasionally come up for sale, but invariably I don't have the liquid cash right then to go buy it. :(

I really like the setup you have now. Pretty much how I wish my 855 were set up.

I see them occasionally come up for sale, but invariably I don't have the liquid cash right then to go buy it. :(

A word to the wise for all you 55 series owners shopping for a 59: The sticker on the blower says "855/955 & 670/770", so I've noticed that most people assume that the whole setup fits all these tractors and they are advertised as such. In reality, the blower will fit the 855/955, 670/770, 790 & 3005, BUT the Quick-Tatch mounting brackets are different. There is one bracket that fits the 55 series, and a different mount that fits the 70 series, 790 & 3005. Make sure the one you're looking at has the right mounting bracket for YOUR tractor! The 55 series bracket is straight up & down on the sides and the 70 series, 790 & 3005 mounting bracket is flared out on sides.

55 series mount: 55 series mount.jpg 55 series mount2.jpg

670/770, 790 & 3005 mount: 70-90-3005 mount.jpg

/ Ballast for a 59 front mount snowblower #20  
Heres the weight I built, its appx. 15" x 15" x 22" wide, the tubes that go down in have rebar welded to them to keep the cement from falling off or breaking. Total weight is about 400lbs, never had a problem with lack of traction.

Ed

Attachments

• weight.JPG
    weight.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 247