Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D?

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
What's a ballpark price on this service? Thanks

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #2  
I do my own service so I do not know what a dealer charges. I do know in our area labor cost is $125/HR for mechanics. Most small dealers will probably not have a service tech for routine maintenance work at a cheaper rate. My dealer marks up parts at 15% that they use. Fluids are charged at the next whole gallon for Hyd and Quart for motor oil. That is why I do as much work myself that I do not need special tools or expertise for. I bought the Work Shop Manual (WSM) and it is worth its weight in gold. If you are even a little mechanical minded it should be no problem doing the maintenance services yourself.

Ron

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D?
Thank you, I just dont have the time or energy and would just rather the dealer do the service. But thank you for the valuable information.

Last edited:
   / Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #4  
I believe, as only the engine oil and filters are being changed, I would guess no more than $200 for labor and materials.

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #5  
On my 50hr service it was stated to change the fluid and filters. My service kit alone is $60 for the filters and another $70 for the hyd. oil plus $15 for engine oil. So if the deal does it for you I would expect it to be around $200-250.

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #6  
Why not call your dealer and ask?

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D?
Thanks all, Was just looking for what others were paying in the event that my local dealer wants some crazy amount. I'll take the tractor to them in a few days.. thanks

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #8  
What does your manual call for to be done at the 50 hour service? My L3940 and GR2120 did not require hydraulic fluid to be drained or replaced. Philip.

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #9  
What does your manual call for to be done at the 50 hour service? My L3940 and GR2120 did not require hydraulic fluid to be drained or replaced. Philip.

At 50 HR I pulled the Suction strainer on the HST. It had a tablespoon full of metal filings and some black gunk. Pulled and opened the filter, same thing. So I went the whole bit. Glad I did. No stuff since in the oil after 1200 HR. I had similar problems with the fuel filter, changed it 3 times in 200 HR. I pump and filter all my fuel and buy from an extremely high volume station To each his own; I do not trust factory QA/QC any more on anything.

Ron

/ Ballpark Price For 50 Hour Service on a BX25D? #10  
On my 50hr service it was stated to change the fluid and filters. My service kit alone is $60 for the filters and another $70 for the hyd. oil plus $15 for engine oil. So if the deal does it for you I would expect it to be around $200-250.

The BX2200 owners manual from 12 years ago lists changing the hyd fluid at 50 hours but a few years after that and for the last several years only the engine oil, engine oil filter and hyd filter is to be changed at the 50 hours along with cleaning the screen. Fuel filter may be included but I've never changed a fuel filter on any of my diesel engine Kubotas and never needed to. Have a bunch of thefuel filters handy if I ever need to change one.