Bansil's Shenanigans begin again....

/ Bansil's Shenanigans begin again.... #51  
The pallet craze seems to have run its course in my area. Seemed like everybody on FB was posting something that they had created from a pallet.

I'm leaning strongly towards using pallet wood for the wall of my back porch kitchen. The rest of the house is Hardie, so this might be a nice contrast. Or it could be a disaster.

/ Bansil's Shenanigans begin again....
I say go for it,

I told a couple neighbors that if the couple "problem" neighbors ask about the pallets, to tell them we are planning to get 50 hogs and this will be for the walls for their enclosure :ROFLMAO:

Looks like I never posted these little guys yet :unsure:

So back into chickens again after a 6 year hiatus.

They out grew the 1st box in just a week.

So I made a new cardboardboxominium for them...just like the Jefferson's
coopdominium 1.png
they are moving on up!
coopdominium 2.png

Definitely cleaner this morning

coopdominium 3.png

This weekend I need to finish digging this out, it is the interim housing while I fix/modify etc to their bigger coop.

coop1.png

Egg opening
coop2.png

I have a couple trees to cut down
coop3.png

coop5.png

Then figure out exactly how to move it, I did use the FEL to get front off the ground, after I remove the trees I may tack a pc of angle iron to one of my QR plates, lift the house side up and then use straps around the front to pull it up

/ Bansil's Shenanigans begin again.... #55  
We put the baby chicks in a big plastic tote for the first week or two in a spare bedroom. Then they go into a cage in the barn for a few more weeks. Then into a big dog crate in the coop, where they get to know the other birds.

IMG_2495.JPG

347809299_1453328925473910_7129422833967717943_n.jpg

347248324_1700361723715651_4350114303707859538_n.jpg

It wasn't raining last night so I grabbed the tractor and collected the rocks from planting 10 more fruit trees on Sunday
rocks.png

Used bucket to lift and move the coop to the right and square it up, left it on spare wheels.

So then I tacked a PC of angle on a QR plate, and set it under the coop end, laid a PC of 1-1/2 square x 3/16 wall across angle to support the whole end.
Couple straps around the base and then over the top of coop and rops, then attached the strap to the BH.
20240412_124015.jpg

20240412_134308.jpg

Got the front a couple inches of the ground....and away I went.

/ Bansil's Shenanigans begin again.... #58  
That's a really good move, using the backhoe to support the coop. Just something real simple that I would have never thought to do.

;) use all the leverage and help you can...