bar oil test

/ bar oil test #3  
Watched it earlier today and I too was amazed. I always use the cheap stuff anyway because I'm inherently cheap. Like Stihl pre mix oil, I've read it makes a lot of carbon not that I would know as all I run is canned gas anyway. I use the 2 finger test with bar oil, always.

/ bar oil test #4  
I watched the video and was surprised. I’ve mostly used both the Oregon and Stihl bar oils. I see a lot of loggers using those also. I wonder where the harvest king oil is sold? I’ve never seen it.

/ bar oil test #5  
I watched the video and was surprised. I’ve mostly used both the Oregon and Stihl bar oils. I see a lot of loggers using those also. I wonder where the harvest king oil is sold? I’ve never seen it.
From a search looks like Farm and Home Supply and Atwoods pops up. I was thinking that Rural King use to carry it but doesn't appear to any mower. Did see a reference to BigR which is spinoff from Rural King, but BigR is not all the same company within that name.

/ bar oil test #6  
He should have thrown hydraulic fluid in there. My Limb Hog is self oiled from the hydraulics. I've often wondered how that would compare to bar oil.

/ bar oil test #7  
i am surprise about the viscosity of the husky oil and it’s colour because that all season oil is basically winter oil it’s so liquid and mine is clear not brown like this one … but it definitely makes me want to change my choice of oil now

Last edited:
   / bar oil test #8  
Not gonna lie, there were a lot of shocking results in there. I didn’t figure all the bars would get that hot.
His bar temp test is hokey and flawed - his single test results aren't worth a grain of salt.

"Look at me cutting sawdust ant nests with a cold chainsaw this oil is amazing and the best"

/ bar oil test #9  
He should have thrown hydraulic fluid in there. My Limb Hog is self oiled from the hydraulics. I've often wondered how that would compare to bar oil.
Agreed. I'd also like to see veggy oils tested.

He should also drink a shot glass of each oil to simulate the oil we are ingesting through breathing in the smoke and oil spray. He can then recommend which oil keeps him more regular.

/ bar oil test #10  
His bar temp test is hokey and flawed - his single test results aren't worth a grain of salt.

"Look at me cutting sawdust ant nests with a cold chainsaw this oil is amazing and the best"
After sleeping on it, wonder if that location on the bar is getting a lot of exhaust heat? I’ve had hot chains but the temps he’s getting are pretty much instant burns which is exhaust hot?