Barrel Stove

/ Barrel Stove #11  
I came across an old Sotz advertisement and they included this in their testimonials.

I knew there was a catch to the stove kit and Monster Maul. For the past 3 years I've read your ads and successfully resisted. Finally I weakened and bought both the maul and kit for the 2 barrel stove and as I suspected, there had to be a catch. It does heat a basement and upper floor of a 25' by 40' building. I'll admit that it does hold the fire for 16-18 hours effortlessly. Sure there are not hot spots or sparks. And maybe the ease of assembly does impress me. Some of my neighbors even agree that the maul is better than a 6-pack of wedges and axes, BUT: If this whole set-up is so all fired great, efficient, convenient, clean, and low cost, why won't my wife volunteer to cut the wood?

/ Barrel Stove #12  
Do we have any barrel stove experts that can tell me if this is a kit that I should consider?

I don't have an immediate need for a stove, but would like to install one in the future. Nothing wrong with having the parts on a shelf so I have it when I'm ready.

/ Barrel Stove #13  
I bought a vogelzang from Ace for $55.00 and bought a barrel with two lids for another 15.00. That being said if the barrels they are selling are clean it might be worth the additional cost. Mine was an acrylic paint barrel and I would've paid a reasonable amount for a clean, never used barrel.