Dirt Moving Basic daily maintenance

/ Basic daily maintenance #1  

Islandfarmer

Tractor
Kabota BX 25
Just bought a new bx25 and before I wreck it I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the basic daily maintenance. The dealer never dropped off an manual when he dropped of the machine. Not to impressed with Kabota web page. Thought they would have pdf instructions. I knew I should have hit him up for a shop manual. I live on a remote island and there is no kabota dealer here. When I head off island I will have to hit them up for a shop manual.
Good machine so far I have put in 300' of new drainage ditching and have a dug well half done. I realize I should be greasing but how often? Anyone install a tac on their tractor. Trying to figure out optimum rpm for digging. Anyone know how to install the three point hitch? Looks like a plumbers nightmare. The one thing I'm still looking for is a good generator. We loose our power in the winter and thought the kabota would be a good plant to run the generator.

/ Basic daily maintenance #2  
Just bought a new bx25 and before I wreck it I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the basic daily maintenance. The dealer never dropped off an manual when he dropped of the machine. Not to impressed with Kabota web page. Thought they would have pdf instructions. I knew I should have hit him up for a shop manual. I live on a remote island and there is no kabota dealer here. When I head off island I will have to hit them up for a shop manual.
Good machine so far I have put in 300' of new drainage ditching and have a dug well half done. I realize I should be greasing but how often? Anyone install a tac on their tractor. Trying to figure out optimum rpm for digging. Anyone know how to install the three point hitch? Looks like a plumbers nightmare. The one thing I'm still looking for is a good generator. We loose our power in the winter and thought the kabota would be a good plant to run the generator.

The 3ph didnt come assembled?

/ Basic daily maintenance
No It's in a box in about 20 pieces. In the box was one socked instruction sheet. I think I can figure it out.

/ Basic daily maintenance #4  
Hi Islandfarmer,

Your manual might be under your seat, thats where it is on most BX's, but I'm not sure on the BX25 because of the backhoe. Your tach is located above the steering wheel in the hour meter. When you turn the key on it gives you a readout of hours, when you start the tractor it shows RPM. I would guesss that the right RPM for using the backhoe would be around 2500 to 3000 RPM. I'm sure someone with a BX25 will chime in to confirm. You want to grease all the zerk fittings about every 10 hours of use.

Gary T.

/ Basic daily maintenance #5  
Not to impressed with Kubota web page.
:rolleyes:

It's a total joke compared to JD , as is Kubota's Head Office in Australia.
I asked them last week if they intended to start importing SUDT ; they
ignored me ........ I really don't know why some of these click to "contact"
web links don't give you a Tony Soprano " F*** You ! " , when a customer
clicks on them :mad:

PS . JD Queensland Emailed me straight back and suggested their Low Viscosity Hy-Gard had the same spec a SUDT ; upon checking , I reckon so too .

/ Basic daily maintenance #6  
JOHNTHOMAS owns a BX25 and he has posted pictures of his maintenance on his machines; very good resource and nice guy.

/ Basic daily maintenance #7  
The 3ph does indeed come in a box since the BH comes installed. I've never opened my box yet. I believe every 10 hours for greasing is what's recommended. I've never been that regular myself. I use FEL and BH on BX25 so I figure 10 hours of BH use and 10 hours of FEL use is 20 hours on the meter plus 10 hours of idle and travel time plus some unknown factor so if I do it in 30 hours that would be a frequent greaser for me. Now some are going to say they sure never want to buy one of my used rarely greased machines but to late. Done traded and giving up trading.:)
Changing oil and fluids and filters is easy and would never enter my mind, well it has entered my mind but have never paid anyone else to do it. Helps me get more familiar with my tractor to do this simple laying down on the ground for a few minutes job. Not much maintenance to these tractors. I mostly fuel them, work em, change fluids and filters as recommended in owners manual and grease ocassionally.
I also leave them out in the rain occassionaly to wash them off and then always raise the seat and leave it up when I get finished using it to keep bird poop off the seat.
I do keep my tractors under cover in a building other than for rain washing and when working.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    944.9 KB · Views: 157
   / Basic daily maintenance #8  
:rolleyes:

It's a total joke compared to JD , as is Kubota's Head Office in Australia.
I asked them last week if they intended to start importing SUDT ; they
ignored me ........ I really don't know why some of these click to "contact"
web links don't give you a Tony Soprano " F*** You ! " , when a customer
clicks on them :mad:

PS . JD Queensland Emailed me straight back and suggested their Low Viscosity Hy-Gard had the same spec a SUDT ; upon checking , I reckon so too .

Kubota contracts with an oil company (something Kubota is not) to produce oils and K Brand them in each country or region. The stuff is heavy and shipping/handling it is difficult. Canada has a different product line from a different oil company than does the US.

If you are looking for a different product than Kubota contracts for in Aussie Land, your choices, as you say, are other OEMs, such as Deere, CNH, etc who also sell top grade Universal Tractor Trans and Hydro fluids.

Having a terrific website has not been one of Kubota Inc's greatest cards played, imho.

/ Basic daily maintenance #9  
If you are using the BH everyday, check the grease everyday. I'd pump one and watch the joints. I wouldnt want grease all over, but when the first tiny sign of something oozing out, you know its well greased. Its about every 10 hours.

Your kubota manual should be under the seat on gas tank unless you already took it out. It has the maintaince schedule in there.

Also check out the messicks BX info . they have spent hours settings up a website for free information for BX owners. kudos messicks!!

Kubota : BX-Series

This TBN website is best site to ask other questions related to tractors. How about a pic of your new tractor on your island?

I have a question for you, how did you get your BX over there ? on a barge or something ?

/ Basic daily maintenance #10  
The dealer never dropped off an manual when he dropped of the machine. Not to impressed with Kabota web page. Thought they would have pdf instructions. I knew I should have hit him up for a shop manual. I live on a remote island and there is no kabota dealer here. When I head off island I will have to hit them up for a shop manual.
:welcome: Congrats on your new machine! As others have posted, you definitely should have received an Operator's Manual. A Workshop Manual (WSM) you would have to order/pay for, the cost is not unreasonable though. This is pretty typical, I've yet to own something from a small Honda engine to a car/truck that didn't require you to pay for the manufacturer's proprietary repair info. Even the downloadable electronic repair manuals I have require a "licensing fee".

I completely agree that every Kubota owner/operator manual should be available on the website in .PDF form, and this just irritates me every time I think about it. :mur:

The 3ph does indeed come in a box since the BH comes installed.
That's what I was thinking. It's not as though Kubota or the dealer screwed him over by not setting it up for him. :thumbsup:
10 hours sounds right to me. My larger Woods hoe says every 8, but sometimes it gets stretched to 10.