Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout

/ Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout
I’m wondering if a gel bleach would remove the mold without regrouting?
Tried it, didn't work. Seems I only have to remove the grout and mold a little ways down.

/ Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout
Thanks, but I have tried TSP and sodium carbonate. According the the MSDS those are the only active ingredients. I've also tried several other products that contain them.
I'm down the path of regrouting. I was looking for a dremel bit with Cubitron.
Think I finally found something similar to a mini flap disc at Amazon but recent reviews are terrible.

Last edited:
   / Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout #13  
I need to know the best way to remove the grout from my porcelain tile floor. My ex-contractor screwed it up badly during installation. He made the grout so watery that he just poured it on the floor and let it fill up the holes. After it dried it shrunk down so much that the holes were only half full and then it was so weak it started cracking and coming out. I called him back to repair it and he denied blame but said he would fix it. He put a thin layer of grout on top of the weak already cured grout and it cracked up and started coming out in no time. He disappeared after this.

/ Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout #14  
Hey Newbury,
that black mold needs to be killed 1st. We always used Clorox in a spray bottle and saturated everything then let sit for 12-24 hrs.
Next day, Clean with scrub brush and water only. if grout still needs replaced, then put on N-95 construction mask and use a carbide tipped grout scratcher. Cheap tool and lasts a long time. It Works well. If you regrout with non-sanded grout, mix it as thick as a clay ball. Use a rubber grout float and force it into the joints with lots of pressure. Scrape off excess with float’s edge. Wait until it begins to dry on the surface of the tile (hazy looking)before washing,then use a wet sponge to smooth out all them beautiful new grout joints. Leave all the corners empty or real low if you scraped out the caulking. Recaulk when all dry and clean, tub to tile base as well.
1665368504387.jpeg

1665368637042.jpeg

*don’t skimp on the mask. Black mold is dangerous to breath and can make you very sick!
*have fun! :D
*rinse off all previous cleaner before using Clorox. Chlorine has chemical reactions with many other cleaners. !!!

Last edited:
   / Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout #15  
I need to know the best way to remove the grout from my porcelain tile floor. My ex-contractor screwed it up badly during installation. He made the grout so watery that he just poured it on the floor and let it fill up the holes. After it dried it shrunk down so much that the holes were only half full and then it was so weak it started cracking and coming out. I called him back to repair it and he denied blame but said he would fix it. He put a thin layer of grout on top of the weak already cured grout and it cracked up and started coming out in no time. He disappeared after this.
Tallyho8,
If your installation is less than 1year old and your contractor is licensed in your state, you can call your State Contractor’s Board and explain your situation. They will typically send someone out to see the project. In our state, Nevada, they call the contractor (or sub-contractor) to meet with as well, to answer questions and come to a solution. If the contractor is found at fault (poor workmanship) he needs to fix the problem or pay another licensed contractor to fix the problem.
If by chance you hired a non-licensed contractor, you can only report them to the contractor’s board. They will get fined and you will get a tongue lashing for not hiring a “Licenced” contractor.

/ Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout #16  
Tallyho8,
If your installation is less than 1year old and your contractor is licensed in your state, you can call your State Contractor’s Board and explain your situation. They will typically send someone out to see the project. In our state, Nevada, they call the contractor (or sub-contractor) to meet with as well, to answer questions and come to a solution. If the contractor is found at fault (poor workmanship) he needs to fix the problem or pay another licensed contractor to fix the problem.
If by chance you hired a non-licensed contractor, you can only report them to the contractor’s board. They will get fined and you will get a tongue lashing for not hiring a “Licenced” contractor.
That might work well in Nevada, but in the Banana Republic of Louisiana, I would probably be heavily fined for not getting a building permit and the councilman's brother would get off scot-free for not being licensed.

/ Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout #17  
That might work well in Nevada, but in the Banana Republic of Louisiana, I would probably be heavily fined for not getting a building permit and the councilman's brother would get off scot-free for not being licensed.
There shouldn’t be any permits required for residential remodel tile work. Although I don’t know anything about Louisiana law.

The Louisiana Contractor’s board is in Baton Rouge. They are supposed to keep the contractors in line. Here is a link to the complaints page:

You can call and ask questions as well. 225-765-2301

Word- of- mouth is always the best way to find a craftsman around here. I try to use Yelp online as often as possible to find anything new. For example, we only have 4 main diesel shops around town(aside from the dealers). After reading the complaints about each shop and how they were handled by the shop owners, I went with one that was the most concerned about doing good work and having a good name, and of course, the least complaints.

* if you browse around on the website you’ll find many useful tools. I noticed you can search for a contractor by company name or license number.

Last edited:
I've got most of it cleaned up with a combination of an oscillating/multitool and a manual tool but I really could use a bit for my dremel to "polish off". The other 2 tools often leave a stain of grout on the tile edges. I've been cleaning that off with 3M Cubitron and lots of elbow grease. I'm thinking a dremel with a conical bit of similar material would make it real easy,
Anybody know of such a bit?
Well I found something that's almost what I was looking for:
Dremel 511E EZ Lock Coarse Grit and Medium Grit Finishing Abrasive Buffs, 2-Pack
It's a pair mini buffing wheels.
I didn't want to use a standard metal Dremel bit for fear I would chip a tile (or several) and have to replace significant portions of the wall.
/edit - I did most of my cleanup by using a normal "grout saw" then polishing of the little hard to get to bits with just the one of the buffs.
Note - Amazon put the list price as $12.28 for the pair! But they were selling for $2.99 which I felt was reasonable.

Last edited:
   / Bathroom tiling - regrouting - need Dremel tool with Cubitron for removing grout #19  
How about one of those oscillating tools with the correct blade. They have a blade for everything.