Batteries

/ Batteries #11  
Here's an idea. If you have the height available, but not the width for a car battery, I have seen some very slim ones that are no wider than a motorcycle or garden tractor battery.. but are about 3" taller. I've even seen them at wallymart.. i think excide makes them. I've also seen a 'helper' or 'reserve' battery made to sit next to a car battery... very slim.. 2.5 to 3 inches I would guess. These may be an option.. especially the excide.. it was at least 400cca... much better than a tractor battery..

Chris

"The small lawn tractor battery is the only one that will fit in my 155D. I don't want the battery up in front of the radiator so it sits between the frame, behind the bumper. Been in 3 years and has started the tractor so "

/ Batteries #12  
Mark, I also am going to replace the old Motorcraft (unsealed) battery in my YM 2000B. I am considering the Otima gell cell, although it is physically lighter, smaller, and pricier ($140) than I would like, but I may get a Delco maintenance free about the size you mention at 850 CCA and $80.00. I want all the front end weight possible.
Norm

/ Batteries #13  
As trentay mentioned, the Optima only seems to come in one size and should have plenty of cranking amps. I like the idea of a battery with such longevity and low maintenence. I believe they have a 2yr. full replacement, then prorated warranty. I ordered one yesterday.

/ Batteries
I hope the Optima red top treats you as well as mine have. The one in the big JD is still doing fine at 12 years. Also have them the YM165D and the 336D. Plus the family pickup trucks. The JD one is the oldest though.

/ Batteries #15  
Optima makes 2 indentical sized batteries, 1 is a cranking battery, the other is a deep cycle battery.
The original red tops came with a lifetime warranty, these where the cranking, as in automotive style group 24 size. They dropped the lifetime warranty a few years back.
My 155d has the compact tractor sized battery, only with top posts not the little lead flat terminal connectors as was the original design. It actually is for a 1989 Honda accord & Kubota diesel 3 cyl's.
440 cca's , and is the same size and weight as the OEM battery.