Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,921  
Haha!
My Wife!
I love her dearly, but usually, I just want a yes or no.
Patrick
You and me both! I love mine but after 52 years I say it's so simple: 2 or 3 letters...no or yes!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,922  
I read another environmental eval article today - regarding EV's. Not good news. More and more folks are seeing the pitfalls. It was a world wide eval of EV's.

I did not know - China is increasing the build up of electric production. It entails the use of coal, heavy oils and natural gas. Totally offset any benefits of EV's.

In the USA - people are simply NOT buying EV's as industry had predicted. Major manufacturers are scaling back production and anticipated profits.

I can see the headlines of the near future - "Do you remember when EV's were supposed to be the salvation of the earth?". "Do you remember when the EV bubble burst".

Let's face up to it - Neither our culture, our economy, our infrastructure are ready to fully embrace what EV's might offer.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,923  
I read another environmental eval article today - regarding EV's. Not good news. More and more folks are seeing the pitfalls. It was a world wide eval of EV's.
Those always say whatever the sponsor wants them to say.

The only honest evaluation is The Almighty Dollar. No man works for free or surrenders his resources for free so each stage of production is kept honest, accumulating costs until the product finally reaches the end user. When everything is produced under the same rules then the most environmentally friendly least use of resources is that which costs the least.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,924  
Well, people aren't voting for EVs with their dollars. They are voting with taxpayer dollars. Take out the incentives to get a clear picture. That seems more intellectually honest.

The government continues to use cash incentives and cram down of EPA guidelines to force the move. This is far from a free market.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,925  

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,926  
In rural locations, including where I live, EV's are only practical as a charge at home vehicle. Public charging stations are few and far between around here, and many of those are broken.

Until MAJOR infrastructure improvements are made, EV's will be a supplement, rather than a replacement for ICE vehicle's.

EV's will eventually take hold, but right now, the big push to convert and the resulting problems it's causing are turning many buyers away.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,927  
Those always say whatever the sponsor wants them to say.

The only honest evaluation is The Almighty Dollar. No man works for free or surrenders his resources for free so each stage of production is kept honest, accumulating costs until the product finally reaches the end user. When everything is produced under the same rules then the most environmentally friendly least use of resources is that which costs the least.
2024_03_27_10.45.10.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,928  
Well, people aren't voting for EVs with their dollars. They are voting with taxpayer dollars. Take out the incentives to get a clear picture. That seems more intellectually honest.

The government continues to use cash incentives and cram down of EPA guidelines to force the move. This is far from a free market.
Tesla prospered for years without "taxpayer dollars" against competition that was getting $7500 Federal tax credits. Wasn't restored until the Bidiot took office.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,929  
In rural locations, including where I live, EV's are only practical as a charge at home vehicle. Public charging stations are few and far between around here, and many of those are broken.

Until MAJOR infrastructure improvements are made, EV's will be a supplement, rather than a replacement for ICE vehicle's.

EV's will eventually take hold, but right now, the big push to convert and the resulting problems it's causing are turning many buyers away.
Gas Station Fallacy, demonstrated in full force.

I live in suburbs. The metropolitan area has 491,000 residents and (2) Tesla Supercharger sites. One is located on I-65 for those traveling through, not for residents. The other is located in a concentration of hotels and government development.

We don't need gas stations. We don't want gas stations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,930  
Gas Station Fallacy, demonstrated in full force.

I live in suburbs. The metropolitan area has 491,000 residents and (2) Tesla Supercharger sites. One is located on I-65 for those traveling through, not for residents. The other is located in a concentration of hotels and government development.

We don't need gas stations. We don't want gas stations.
But that is what you have when there is limited range not suitable for long trips and recharging stations are at gas stations reenforcing the concept. Maybe EV owners need to embrace the gas station concept.