Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,881  
The only (lame) justification for suing Tesla is The Deep Pockets Motive. That he who has the most money must be liable because one can't get blood out of a turnip.

FSD is a driver assist, not replacement. The driver is fully responsible for what FSD does.

Well your lack of empathy for the motorcyclist's family is noted. ......but heres a simple change Tesla could make, is do everything in their power to no longer call it " Autopilot" so lame drivers and their ilk would no longer be so confident on it's tech capabilities.....same as even you and Gale admit must be overrode often.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,882  
The idea is that ICE (gas/diesel) prices take some very non linear jumps and drops, and at least locally always changing, the one way it makes sense to compare with my other vehicles on what it costs to drive any particular day.
today:
diesel now $4.00
premium $4.76
regular $3.96

I posted prices just a week or so back and the premium is Up

I do not think they are done raising fuel prices, Yet.

At least the KWH price has had only a few small increases over the years.

Crazy, my street bike costs about $10 to go a hundred miles now. The Y will cost me about $3.50

and the RAM diesel about a 20 dollar bill.

If gas drops drastically then I will just refigure using the new numbers.

It just makes the most sense to figure out how the numbers work out where you live, instead of what the Gov or Tesla uses for their approximations or averages.
Of course I figured all that out...which from an economics standpoint an EV for us makes absolutely no sense, not to mention no tax credit (Federal or State) and many other reasons I've already mentioned here.
In the end people buy what they want for their reasons.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,883  
Sure about that?

“In China, BYD has a market share of about 30%, with at least 25 different models on sale, including hybrids and full EVs”

'
No, I was talking about the ~ 100 little players in the 1% or much less of market share group most of us have never heard of that are already treading water.

The companies like BYD and SAIC ARE the Big companies that may buy out the <1% companies for next to nothing when they go under.
As of 2023, SAIC was the largest car maker in China and it held that position for 17 years in a row.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,884  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,885  
First-ever autonomous motor race streams live this weekend

As ICE is phase out due not being as economical to manufacture and maintain we see the future generations focus on developing self driving solutions with fast enough response time for racing needs.
You obviously don't watch much car racing......the drivers are the majority of the character that the fans cheer for. Whether it is F1 or Stock Cars , fans cheer for the in seat driver . Watching autonomous driving would be like watching toy car racing on the track that my son got for Christmas. Boring !!!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,887  
I mean For lost $110k on each one they sold.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,888  
6 of 14 in Doc lot electric... Tesla's, Bolt, Lightning, etc.

I provide no charging so no advantages or preference from the Hospital...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,890  
6 of 14 in Doc lot electric... Tesla's, Bolt, Lightning, etc.

I provide no charging so no advantages or preference from the Hospital...

I would not expect saving $30-40/week on gas is the reason doctors are buying EVs. A doctor with a Bolt is difficult to fathom. If I was their patient I would ask him/her/it "Why?".

IMO most EV buyers are virtue signaling. Then, they need to make up reasons to justify their choice so they do not look like lemmings.

Our corporate attorney was a character. He owned 12 cars. Stuff like Porche, MB, Jaguar etc etc. He bought them to show off. In your case, it is almost a given that every doctor parking an EV at work has an ICE vehicle parked at home.

Anyway, back to your example. It will be interesting if these EV owners trade in for better EVs or go back to ICE.