Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,121  
"Tesla's director of vehicle programs and new product initiatives, Daniel Ho, is also out, along with his entire staff, the report said. It is unclear how many people worked in that division."

So who is working on the new cheaper vehicle and robotaxi?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,124  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,125  
Interesting .

It appears they have signed a 'Letter of Intent' to explore providing a 50MW SMR in the Permian basin for oil/gas extraction.

So, intent to collaborate with Diamondback Energy, Time will tell.

Clean energy to pull dirty energy out of the ground, brilliant!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,126  
Or they got a copy of the new memo. Laying off the entire Supercharger team looks like a pre-emptive move prior to selling it off.

Tesla lays off more workers, two senior executives out: Report

Elon: "Hopefully these actions are making it clear that we need to be absolutely hard core about headcount and cost reduction," Musk wrote in the leaked email, according to The Information. "While some on exec staff are taking this seriously, most are not yet doing so."

No dead weight at Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,127  
If you were here to learn about EVs, you would know that Tesla does not have marketing BS to pump up the stock price or it wouldn't have been between $100 and $200 for a long time now. 🙂

Keep in mind, my first EV which I still drive cost $13,500 with 25,000, mi and a brand new $12,500 battery included.

The odds of me owning a Tesla today would be slim to none of it hadn't been for my son demanding that I get one and for Elon cutting the price $20,000 or more dollars. Rebates was not a factor in me owning EVs.
Gale, I will buy an EV when I know it makes sense for me. So I am here to learn.

So far, there are less than dozen TBN members with EVs and they all like them. That is a good sign.

With my situation, an EV as my primary vehicle is not practical. If a reputable company can come up with a $25k EV it would pique my interest as a second car and the interest of many others.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,128  
Gale, I will buy an EV when I know it makes sense for me. So I am here to learn.

So far, there are less than dozen TBN members with EVs and they all like them. That is a good sign.

With my situation, an EV as my primary vehicle is not practical. If a reputable company can come up with a $25k EV it would pique my interest as a second car and the interest of many others.
I think you represent the majority of the US public. There are some that have not yet seen the fact that the EVS are here or their successors. New technology will probably coming out pretty fast compared to the last 120 years. Even when new vehicles sales are 50%. EVS they're probably another 15 or 20 years before they will be the majority of cars on the road unless the Cyber cabs or robo taxis really take off in the cities I mean the big thing is the old line car companies know the handwritings on the wall and their sales probably will be 50% of what it is today another 10 or 15 years. The kids today around the world have gotten out of the baby making business and birthing babies.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,129  
If one has limited funds they should not be buying the Tesla, there are plenty of Ice vehicles under $30K. I know you want to say the average price of all vehicles is $50K but the key here is average. There are $300K cars and $20K cars - With limited funds people can only afford the low end of the price range.
All the cars I've owned combined probably doesn't come to much more than the price of his Tesla

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,130  
Thing is, if I combine the wife and our use of ICE cars, it worked out to be about $3,000 a year in fuel costs. If I add an EV, even a solar powered one, just for commuting, We still have to pay extra for the low, no comprehensive insurance on that other vehicle, and find, or make a place for it. This just destroys the equation of long term personal economics. By this I mean, we could be GIVEN an EV small car right now, which we could only charge for 3 months of the year, using solar panels, but pay for it the other 9 months in insurance and registration fees as the "free" car to drive. And this car is worthless after 10 years, cause the battery pack, an eventual failure, totals the car's worth. I'm willing to be entirely wrong about this way of thinking, but there are no standards on form factor batteries of EV cars. Till this is addressed, I'll have no interest in them. :)