Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,371  
Upgrades to the city- streets driving stacks seems to be the main thing and I haven't looked at all the other non FSD updates.

After dealing with version 11. XXX for 14 months I am totally impressed with FSD supervised version. 12.3.3. it was flawless when I used it to go to the son 's rural place for the first time since getting version 12.

I was beginning to wonder if FSD would ever happens in my lifetime. 🙂 So far I have not developed any safety concerns. At this point in time version 12 meets my FSD needs but I'm interested in seeing what else they do.

Some say the future is going to be EVs with FSD. I'm starting to think that may be the case. Some thinks Ford will be the first OEM to move to FSD by licensing Tesla software and hardware.

I am with Elon on the best accident is no accident. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,372  
Uh, I suspect one can not do that. FSD is licensed software, not a feature of the car, and Tesla has not always allowed it's transfer to a new owner or even to your new Tesla.

I thought that it only applied to Tesla's that were traded in to Tesla when buying a New(er) Tesla, at which point Corporate removed the FSD ownership the Original Owner Purchased and or applied it to the new vehicle.
In a case where the original owner sells to a private party I thought it went with the car.?

found this:

"Currently, the closest thing to a guaranteed way for Full Self-Driving to transfer to a new owner is directly from owner to owner through a private sale.

So far, with the exception of a few rare cases, Tesla has allowed the transfer of Full Self-Driving to the next owner of the Tesla for which FSD was purchased. The software remains active at the time of transfer, and the new owner is able to access Full Self-Driving features upon adding the purchased Tesla to their account.

This means that a private sale is one of the best ways to return some value for Full Self-Driving when you sell your used Tesla, and one of three ways to purchase a pre-owned Tesla with FSD at a reduced cost."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,373  
Upgrades to the city- streets driving stacks seems to be the main thing and I haven't looked at all the other non FSD updates.

After dealing with version 11. XXX for 14 months I am totally impressed with FSD supervised version. 12.3.3. it was flawless when I used it to go to the son 's rural place for the first time since getting version 12.

I was beginning to wonder if FSD would ever happens in my lifetime. 🙂 So far I have not developed any safety concerns. At this point in time version 12 meets my FSD needs but I'm interested in seeing what else they do.

Some say the future is going to be EVs with FSD. I'm starting to think that may be the case. Some thinks Ford will be the first OEM to move to FSD by licensing Tesla software and hardware.

I am with Elon on the best accident is no accident. 🙂

I had two interventions today. Once having the car navigate to Walmart, the car wobbled between lanes and I finally forced the wheel to get in the turn lane. It also was hugging the center line with oncoming and I disengaged to bias to the right. I sent in the voice comments.

What is odd is it made that decision driving to Walmart correctly previously.
Earlier I did the longer, mostly hiway trip and it navigated through road construction without intervention and also did great driving a curvy 2 lane backroad.

Once they get the FSD itself really optimized
in my opinion Tesla will still have to add camera lens washers along with at least one or more sensor types, lidar and/or maybe FLIR.
Heavy rain, snow , Fog, sleet 'especially at night' will need more than the present vision system to not disengage and equal a good driver. Black Ice also comes to mind as a problem.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,374  
Just placed my order today for my fisker ocean extreme. 576hp, 113kwh battery, tow package, cheaper than fuddyduddy's cheezy 'ol f150!

Not mine, but, same color/wheel combo.

uz5glq8dlogb1.jpg
I thought I heard that Fisker was having some big financial problems. Did you have any concerns about that? There are no dealers around here and I don't believe I've ever seen one.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,375  
The reviews I saw on the Fisker Ocean were pretty terrible from some experienced EV reviewers. Which I assume is why they have been providing such deep discounts. It seemed like a very poorly done EV option.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,376  
You posted my proof in charts you can not understand.
No, the engine plots I provided didn’t prove your argument. That’s a silly argument, even for you.
My attached plots are still here. Feel free to use them to “prove your point”…….

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,377  
Yeah, so how does FSD work when you drive in heavy rain, or snow and ice and it's caked to the car, roads, etc?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,378  
Darkblack has to be a woman given the amount of emotional drivel with no facts.
Lashing out out at forum people, and making denigrating remarks about women, does nothing positive for whatever your underlying issues are.
Somewhere out there, there's a tree working very hard to produce oxygen so that you can breathe. I think you should go and apologize to it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,379  
Just placed my order today for my fisker ocean extreme. 576hp, 113kwh battery, tow package, cheaper than fuddyduddy's cheezy 'ol f150!

Not mine, but, same color/wheel combo.

uz5glq8dlogb1.jpg

“The embattled startup has struggled to roll out the Ocean so far and as a result, has found itself in dire financial straits. Long-term feasibility for the company looks unlikely”

You’re comparing that to a proven pickup truck?
What’s the carrying and tow capacity?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,380  
I DO care about what happens when there is no fuel. I can't drill for crude, then refine it to gas or diesel. But I can deploy a field of solar panels, and generate my own electricity
Lots of oil is required to make solar panels, and to transport them. If you can still get them, there’s still plenty of “fuel”
You worry about running out of fuel someday in the future, but you’re not worried about maintaining an unproven startup vehicle from fiske, on the verge of bankruptcy 🙄