Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,952  
Then don't ride in a Tesla. Even with FSD disabled which could never be done fully. If you're going down the street and a kid running out behind a car or between two-parked cars right in front of you. It will apply the brakes before you know what's going on cuz it works because though he was foot and leg is involved.

You can address your fear of the unknown by studying and learning how technology works.

As I was reading your post, remembered this video. It's 6 years old, but I still have cold legs as I see this
Norway.
That trucking company is like 1 km from my office, they have ~ 2000 trucks.
Because they are my neighbors, I followed this case. And that video went viral. We can say so.
Volvo trucks inc took in that truck and analyzed all log files. Later they made statement - automatic braking system was not involved. All credits goes to driver. However we have to recognize that guys who designed brakes did great job, too.
Volvo even gave this guy some prize

~~~~~~~~

But don't get me wrong. I am pro technology :cool:

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,953  
Damn! And we're all still alive? Amazing!
Not amazing but that when most of us had gotten window AC units that the "grid" couldn't cope with so we sat in dark until 1995.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,954  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,955  
The reality of shift work is quite different than getting to sleep earlier.
I’ve heard drinking water is good for you also. Of course this is true but everyone I know that does shifts, espicially the alternating night shift then day shift ones. Has stories of falling asleep or almost falling asleep coming home from work.

Seems many people only have imagination for bad things. Think of how this would open up job opportunities far away if you could sleep to and from work. I,m not saying they tech is there now but I can’t imagine that one day in the future it won’t be.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,956  

As I was reading your post, remembered this video. It's 6 years old, but I still have cold legs as I see this
Norway.
That trucking company is like 1 km from my office, they have ~ 2000 trucks.
Because they are my neighbors, I followed this case. And that video went viral. We can say so.
Volvo trucks inc took in that truck and analyzed all log files. Later they made statement - automatic braking system was not involved. All credits goes to driver. However we have to recognize that guys who designed brakes did great job, too.
Volvo even gave this guy some prize

~~~~~~~~

But don't get me wrong. I am pro technology :cool:
Wow that was a close . Thanks for sharing.

Now in Kentucky the kids have to cross the road in front of the bus and the bus driver leaves stop sign out. It does not move until he or she sees the kids are safely down their driveway most of the time.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,957  
Then don't ride in a Tesla. Even with FSD disabled which could never be done fully. If you're going down the street and a kid running out behind a car or between two-parked cars right in front of you. It will apply the brakes before you know what's going on cuz it works because though he was foot and leg is involved.

You can address your fear of the unknown by studying and learning how technology works.
I have no fear of the unknown. As an electronic technician 43 years I'd rather put my faith in a good experienced driver than an
autonomous vehicle putting faith in sensors, design and software engineering.
In your example of a kid running out with FSD brakes are applied. An experienced driver may choose other options.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,958  
I have no fear of the unknown. As an electronic technician 43 years I'd rather put my faith in a good experienced driver than an
autonomous vehicle putting faith in sensors, design and software engineering.
In your example of a kid running out with FSD brakes are applied. An experienced driver may choose other options.
Ahh....

Humans have various levels of experiences. And experience in handling those experiences. <- yikes.

Programmed machines, only do what they have learned or been programmed to deal with. In time, there is a predictable end result to an experience, no variations. In time.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,959  
Gale's examples are exactly what the anti-gun people do as well as the liberal media. They only post things to fit their narrative, never the other side. You never hear about the armed citizen who stops a shooting, and there are many many examples of this. Gale will never post any examples of autonomous vehicles f'ing up and causing an accident or killing someone.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,960  
It's a controversial subject. According to Tesla:
"Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment. While these features are designed to become more capable over time, the currently enabled features do not make the vehicle autonomous".
One article points out seat belts save lives...except people drive faster while wearing one.
My concern is ALL drivers, me included, should be tested for reflexes and abilities.
FSD will make drivers more complacent, relying on it as their reflexes diminish.