Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,371  
“Autopilot does not make vehicles self-driving and is intended for use with a fully attentive driver who is prepared to take over and has hands on the steering wheel.

Regulations requiring Privacy invasive camera recording your face all the time…. Hands must be on the steering wheel…. etc..
Sorry fanboys, these requirements are obvious far, far removed from the fantasy of self driving “Autopilot” Teslas. Renaming it Copilot still doesn’t accurately describe how neutered the driving experience needs to be, to be compliant with new regulations
I use cruise on wife's SUV and set following distance as short as it will go. I do not like lane assist though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,372  
So let's hear all the facts about these incidences.

Again you have no clue. My Tesla Y is the safest car I have driven and has saved me a few times from potential accidents.
I am not sure how many you want, we all know you will not read a single one of them.

I really enjoy the, well the autopilot was driving so don't arrest me for killing that guy.

Keep up with the kool aid it will serve you well.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,373  
I use cruise on wife's SUV and set following distance as short as it will go. I do not like lane assist though.
A relative’s Honda CRV (ICE) has lane assist, lane departure, adaptive cruise, that works all the way to a complete stop, auto brakes, and will steer the car on mild curves for 20 seconds at a time.
The thing I really liked was the adaptive cruise. I found it pretty awesome

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,374  
I have an idea for you; stop parroting news articles and ask those of us who actually OWN and DRIVE a Tesla.

So news articles are saying things that don't happen. Not that I really trust the news but I have a feeling this stuff here is accurate.

It looks like you have really gone full on Jim Jones on the Tesla, the only "proof" you MIGHT accept is if I got killed by a tesla and then came on here to talk about it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,375  
So let's hear all the facts about these incidences.

Again you have no clue. My Tesla Y is the safest car I have driven and has saved me a few times from potential accidents.
I have seen a lot of Tesla FSD YouTube videos where version 12 screws up pretty bad. I haven't posted any here though, I don't want to be labeled a hater. ;) Have you seen all the curb rash on Tesla rims caused by FSD? It's a thing evidently.

Obviously FSD is improving, it's just not something I want to use. Lawyers will surely like it though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,376  
A relative’s Honda CRV (ICE) has lane assist, lane departure, adaptive cruise, that works all the way to a complete stop, auto brakes, and will steer the car on mild curves for 20 seconds at a time.
The thing I really liked was the adaptive cruise. I found it pretty awesome

Like most things I think the tech has its place. But that does not mean you can play on your phone and be totally out of the picture while your 4,000lb Tesla goes hauling down the highway at 75.

The wife had a Volvo as a loan vehicle while hers was in the shop. It had all those wiz bang gizmos and it was really interesting on how it "drove" the car. It did real well but my hands are "right there" incase it did something I did not want it to do.

IMHO the mistake was calling it an "auto pilot". People think it can do it all for you, it can't. But worry not the fed has passed a regulation on how it will really watch how you drive starting in the very near future.

Here is another link that some will not accept, it is after all from a .gov site so you know it is not accurate. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,377  
I have seen a lot of Tesla FSD YouTube videos where version 12 screws up pretty bad. I haven't posted any here though, I don't want to be labeled a hater. ;) Have you seen all the curb rash on Tesla rims caused by FSD? It's a thing evidently.

Obviously FSD is improving, it's just not something I want to use. Lawyers will surely like it though.

That is the interesting thing, you can't say the truth because you "don't want to be labeled a hater". This is a big problem in the world today.

Personally I don't care if I am labeled a "hater", and I don't "hate" electric cars. They are not what they are billed to be, and for that some people just lose their cookies over it....so be it, the truth is the truth.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,378  
That is the interesting thing, you can't say the truth because you "don't want to be labeled a hater". This is a big problem in the world today.

Personally I don't care if I am labeled a "hater", and I don't "hate" electric cars. They are not what they are billed to be, and for that some people just lose their cookies over it....so be it, the truth is the truth.
Amen!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,379  
Like most things I think the tech has its place. But that does not mean you can play on your phone and be totally out of the picture while your 4,000lb Tesla goes hauling down the highway at 75.

The wife had a Volvo as a loan vehicle while hers was in the shop. It had all those wiz bang gizmos and it was really interesting on how it "drove" the car. It did real well but my hands are "right there" incase it did something I did not want it to do.

IMHO the mistake was calling it an "auto pilot". People think it can do it all for you, it can't. But worry not the fed has passed a regulation on how it will really watch how you drive starting in the very near future.

Here is another link that some will not accept, it is after all from a .gov site so you know it is not accurate. ;)

And that is a big big problem with the idiot youth of today. They WILL get behind the wheel and think they can play on their phone, and when they kill someone they will blame the car, sue Musk, win and avoid any jail time.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,380  
So news articles are saying things that don't happen. Not that I really trust the news but I have a feeling this stuff here is accurate.

It looks like you have really gone full on Jim Jones on the Tesla, the only "proof" you MIGHT accept is if I got killed by a tesla and then came on here to talk about it.

It looks like you are willfully ignorant. Buh bye!